ROM Hack rom dumping?

Saia_

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
No Name Trowa Barton said:
is there any hombrew apps that let you dump a ds game by ejecting the flash card and inserting a game? maybe to a slot 1 card or via wifi?

I wouldn't do that, it's illegal ... And it takes a loooooooooooooot of time, to dump a ROM ...
But, yea, use google and u will find sth.

BTW: Is this illegal, to post sth. like this? Then I could post a link from a Web site, where this is explained very well

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Several although it is always nicer to use a DLDI capable GBA slot device.

Two options without DLDI capable GBA slot
1) Use a 3 in 1's NOR
http://filetrip.net/file.php?id=1598 and http://filetrip.net/file.php?id=5327
2) Use wifi
http://filetrip.net/f13096-Wood-dumper-too...slot-2-r20.html

Rudolph's dumpers if you run across them still work wonders but recent DS roms have taken to adding data (seemingly not that vital) in a spot thought to be blank so we shifted to wood dumper, rudolph's (and http://blog.b-ark.ca/savsender ) will do saves over wifi where others might trip over though.

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The best program is called Wooddumper. There is a slot2 version and a Wi-Fi version. If you can get that working, then you will make good dumps of NTR (regular DS) games. I don't know what they use to dump TWL (DSi-enhanced) games......I think that is done with a release group's private dumper or something. Wooddumper makes no promises that it can dump TWL games correctly, but it might be able to.

Forget NDS_Backup_Tools......that one is no longer considered good enough to dump games with.....something about incomplete header bytes. It's unfortunate that this one isn't good enough anymore because it's pretty easy to get working......Wooddumper is more finicky.

Don't take my word as gospel, but it should be OK to talk about how to make backups as long as you don't provide any links to the backups. For the backups you do make, you then need to find someone who's "in the scene" or a release group member to get the ROM "pre'd" so it shows up on release lists and at various ROM sites.

Here's a Filetrip link to Wooddumper that contains both the Wi-Fi and slot2 versions, you have to DLDI patch it for your specific flashcard. If you plan to use the WiFi version, you will also need an FTP client on your computer to support it:
http://filetrip.net/f13096-Wood-dumper-too...slot-2-r20.html

Hope that helps.

ProtoKun7

GBAtemp Time Lord Regenerations: 4
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Saia_ said:
No Name Trowa Barton said:
is there any hombrew apps that let you dump a ds game by ejecting the flash card and inserting a game? maybe to a slot 1 card or via wifi?

I wouldn't do that, it's illegal ... And it takes a loooooooooooooot of time, to dump a ROM ...
But, yea, use google and u will find sth.

BTW: Is this illegal, to post sth. like this? Then I could post a link from a Web site, where this is explained very well
It's illegal to distribute the copyrighted files, not (usually) illegal to dump them yourself. National laws vary on it though.

rastsan

8 baller, Death Wizard,
Trophies
Website
rastsan.wordpress.com
XP
Country
Canada
the letter of the law canadian style is that yes you can have a backup of a game that you own. If you don't own the game and you have the backup - for more than 24 hours - then that is illegal. the USA is different... and internationally the laws differ from country to country.

One country its illegal to have or own dumpers but not illegal at all to have the roms.
this other country you can dump but its illegal to have the roms period (with a very heavy jail time too even if there is only one game)

As for the best dumper. (wood works for me the best so far)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll reformat and have a 3tb raid0 m. 2 at least
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lmao that sold out fast
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeet the cat.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Good idea
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    i thought everybody knew cocktails are like 75% ice
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeah but not like this.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not like they're complaining that their Slurpee is 99% ice or something, but if the cocktail calls for "shot of vodka, shot of vermouth, shot of gin, shot of Campari, three shots of juice, squirt of lemon" and ends up being a thimbleful of booze, that's a problem.
    the funny thing is cocktails in norway are only allowed to have 1 20ml shot of booze
    so..... yeah
    we're used to only having a thimbleful of booze
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Booo.
    same thing if you want whisky on the rocks or something, you can't get a double
    but you could buy as many shots of whisky (or anything else) as you want and ask for a glass of ice and pour them in
    it's dumb
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Maybe.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There was a comparison of the number of Ibuprofen poisonings before and after they limited the maximum dosage per box or per pill (i'll look that up). No limit on the number of boxes you can still buy as many as you want, so people argued it was pointless.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    But the number of (accidental) poisonings dropped because drinking an entire package of ibuprofen pills went from "I need a new liver" to "I need a new box of Ibuprofen".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Here we have ketoprofen that used to be prescription-only because of the risk of toxic dosages, but then they halved the dose per pill and sell them in bottles of six pills apiece instead of twenty and it doesn't need a prescription any more. Yes you can buy more than one bottle but people simply don't.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Usually accidentally overdose of ibuprofen here is from people taking like cold medicine then ibuprofen for a headache and the combination is over what they need
    Veho @ Veho: https://imgur.com/gallery/QQkYnQu