• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 2,647
  • Replies 15
  • Likes 1
D

Deleted User

OP
I'm a little sad to see that it received a fairly bad review from nintendo power. :(
5.5 to be exact. I'm a HUGE RCT fan and was really looking forward to this game.
One of the problems I hear the game has is if you are building a coaster and want to delete one of the tracks, then it deletes everything you have built.
If that is true I hope it can be patched in the future or something, espeacially with the new firmware update allowing that kind of stuff.
I hope reviewers give the game a better score. Like at least a 7, I would be ok with that.
Before I buy a game I usually read reviews to see if a game is worth purchasing.
Hopefully it isn't just one of those "crappy" games.
Nonetheless I will still probably purchase this eventually, and hopefully it is a game that I enjoy because that is what really matters.

*sigh*

Someone make me feel better

/donecryingaboutthisgame

Reactions: 1 person

Redhorse

Warehouse 13 Curator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
there is always the possibility that Nintendo Power didn't get the final version, that will ship, it happens, let's hope so.
Local Gamestop (website) now says June 19th, thier registers date shows nothing at all, but everywhere's else I could have sworn I saw the 5, 21st and metacritic is counting down to the 5-21, date... whatever all this means...

Also maybe the guy testing it just hit a wrong button. I have seen reviewers misunderstand something before, especially if it is not thier type of game...

I'm suspicscious because there are no vids showing real play-action or screens. The still of screens I did see looked like Theme park (the game) graphics The vid that is posted is a lame 'place holde'r vid. These guys need to learn marketing... assuming it's not shovel-ware, which is where my hope is waiting... This is where good games and bad marketing/publishing can ruin a potentially great game, Of course that's how we get our sleeper hits.
Later
SyFyTy

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
there is always the possibility that Nintendo Power didn't get the final version, that will ship, it happens, let's hope so.
Local Gamestop (website) now says June 19th, thier registers date shows nothing at all, but everywhere's else I could have sworn I saw the 5, 21st and metacritic is counting down to the 5-21, date... whatever all this means...

Also maybe the guy testing it just hit a wrong button. I have seen reviewers misunderstand something before, especially if it is not thier type of game...

I'm suspicscious because there are no vids showing real play-action or screens. The still of screens I did see looked like Theme park (the game) graphics The vid that is posted is a lame 'place holde'r vid. These guys need to learn marketing... assuming it's not shovel-ware, which is where my hope is waiting... This is where good games and bad marketing/publishing can ruin a potentially great game, Of course that's how we get our sleeper hits.
Later
SyFyTy

the screenshots looked a fair bit like RCT 3, I think the reason they aren't showing off much is because if they do, less people will buy it. I hope the game isn't that bad but I just can't shake the feeling they're just trying to milk the franchise for it's reputation. But to be fair what really do they have to say about the game that you wouldn't already know, you can build rides, there are scenarios, you can do this, do that, just like in RCT 3 but slightly different.

awssk8er

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Hmmm... I thought I posted in this thread a while ago.

The game looks okay. I'm a huge fan of the series, but it looks like the worst one. On the other hand, it is portable. I guess that makes up for it.

I'll probably get it. Right now I'm a little occupied with Diablo III, but $30 isn't bad for the title.

Seaking

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

if you check on your 3DS, it shows the release date as 5/22, thats as official as it gets i think :D

Seaking

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well, iMad.

i have been waiting for gamestop to change the release date, they STILL have not updated it to the proper release date (5/22)

:(
http://www.gamestop.com/nintendo-3ds/games/rollercoaster-tycoon/98963 (Release Date 6/19/2012)
http://i.imgur.com/vUYLA.jpg
WHY gamestop, WHY must you do this...

D

Deleted User

OP
GAH. The game has been delayed again. Seriously I wonder why. Gamestop site says 8/28 or something like that.

D

Deleted User

OP
GAH. The game has been delayed again. Seriously I wonder why. Gamestop site says 8/28 or something like that.
Great, I liked that news..!
For sure they are improving the game!

Please make it a game that really deserves to have the name of such a beloved series.

Actually I think that the developers said that they are done with the game. So I don't think that they are improving...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @salazarcosplay, gta v is down since november 2021