• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

Roe V Wade has been repealed

Status
Not open for further replies.

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Am I correct in assuming that because you cannot physically rape people, that you settle to rape the conversation? I already stated my position on that. What follows is what I already posted.
No, you are incorrect. Your other posts argue that you either

a. celebrate pregnancy
or
b. celebrate abortion

and there is no other alternative.

Therefore, by your own logic you are celebrating the pregnancy as you have stated you don't want to celebrate abortion.

You can't just hand wave that away with "bad things, mumble mumble".

Reactions: Dark_Ansem and Xzi

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
I think you know that but like to pretend that you are moral and anyone who disagrees with you is immoral and make shit up to "prove" that.

I don't take offense to people disagreeing with me. I disagree with everyone on this forum to some degree. But when people make claims like "pregnancy has no social value", "home invaders only arm themselves for self-defense", or "RvW being repealed is pro rape", I consider them to be of a similar cloth.

I am not against your laws. Americans do as they please, obviously.

Your choice to argue against strawmen has little to do with how I am representing my opinions.

One can celebrate pregnancy and lament the need for abortion. I have never argued that if you do not celebrate pregnancy, that it means you are celebrating abortion. Your a or b logic is really stupid. I celebrated the decentralization of federal government and nothing more.

Oh, and you are a racist.

Last edited by tabzer,

Deleted member 586536

Returned shipping and mailing
Trophies
XP
agree that child abuse is a bigger issue than the RvW issue.
what if. Now this is crazy...
We allow abortions, because expecting rape to never happen, is not going to happen. And is the fastest, quickest recourse, that can be followed up with a lawsuit afterword. Instead of carrying for the child that was forced onto you with no option to remove because of your state, you can just focus on the legal battle.

Reactions: Dark_Ansem

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
what if. Now this is crazy...
We allow abortions, because expecting rape to never happen, is not going to happen.

I'm noticing a strange trend in letting the actions of child-rapists lead the narrative on laws that do not actually stop them. Maybe just clean their mess.

(is that the point?)

Deleted member 586536

Trophies
XP
I'm noticing a strange trend in letting the actions of child-rapists lead the narrative on laws that do not actually stop them.
I'm noticing a strange tend in enabling the actions of those child-rapists have long term consquences on the women via a forced child lead the narrative on laws that does not actually stop them.
I can play that game too you know

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
I'm noticing a strange tend in enabling the actions of those child-rapists have long term consquences on the women via a forced child lead the narrative on laws that does not actually stop them.
I can play that game too you know

You are going to have to come up with a convincing argument on how a child being born makes a rapist's life easier (if that's what you are trying to suggest).

Deleted member 586536

Trophies
XP
You are going to have to come up with a convincing argument on how a child being born makes a rapist's life easier.
That's a disingenuous argument with trying to rebrand what I said. How about we argue the fact that removing the choice to abortion results in a rapists life tormenting the mother through a illegitimate child for the next 18+ years of her life? Since you know, no access to abortion, no exceptions for rape.

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
That's a disingenuous argument with trying to rebrand what I said. How about we argue the fact that removing the choice to abortion results in a rapists life tormenting the mother through a illegitimate child for the next 18 years of her life? Since you know, no access to abortion, no exceptions for rape.
Honestly, I don't know what you were trying to say, because it violated every English rule. I took a stab at it, and if you aren't satisfied, then I am genuinely sorry.

I have never taken the position that abortion shouldn't be allowed in any situation. I do find an article about a 10 year old not being allowed to have an abortion to be an eye opener. I'm sorry to say that I am not so concerned with who can and cannot get an abortion than I am with who can and cannot rape children. I have higher expectations of adults.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Replace abortion with cutting your hair or nails. You are removing some unwanted human cells from your body.
Your hair and your fingernails are part of your body, a foetus is not a part of the woman’s body, it is temporarily attached to the woman’s body for the period of pregnancy. This can be verified scientifically with a simple genetic test. You own each and every part of your own body, it’s arguable whether that translates to agency over of another body, even if the two are attached to each other. That’s not to say that there are no circumstances when an abortion justifiable - that little girl should’ve been served in her hoe state because a pregnancy at 10 years old can be devastating to her health, but what you’re suggesting in this comparison is simply incorrect.

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Your choice to argue against strawmen has little to do with how I am representing my opinions.

Oh, and you are a racist.
If you keep building strawmen, then I'll argue against them.

I don't care if you think I'm a racist, I'm not sure how it's relevant to your post but I guess you are running out of shit to throw at me.

Deleted member 586536

Trophies
XP
I'm sorry to say that I am not so concerned with who can and cannot get an abortion than I am with who can and cannot rape children
Do you not realize there's a direct correlation? Like idk, maybe that if a rapist, impregnates a women. That the women's recourse is you know, an abortion followed by legal recourse on the offender (suing, criminal prosecution)
(And yes, I heard you say that you support exceptions. Good. Now can we please have roe v wade back so that exception is universal and always accepted)
But instead, somehow, the party who passed that ruling, with their states banning abortion, here missed the forest for the trees. I give incredible doubt on the "somehow" since it they knew what they were doing.
So now your only action is to just sue. You still have to go through child birth.
Honestly, I don't know what you were trying to say, because it violated every English rule. I took a stab at it, and if you aren't satisfied, then I am genuinely sorry.
Two edited sentences got conjoined funny. Here's how it's supposed to read, and paraphrase what the intent was.
. How about we argue the fact that removing the choice to abortion results in a rapists life tormenting the mother through a illegitimate child for the next 18+ years of her life?
"how about we argue the fact that removing the choice to an abortion results in rapists making women's lives even worse, since she no longer abortion has a recourse she can follow."

Reactions: smf

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Do you not realize there's a direct correlation? Like idk, maybe that if a rapist, impregnates a women. That the women's recourse is you know, an abortion followed by legal recourse on the offender (suing, criminal prosecution)
(And yes, I heard you say that you support exceptions. Good. Now can we please have roe v wade back so that exception is universal and always accepted)
JonhathonBaxster has previous said that women should be happy about pregnancies even in cases of rape, which is completely fucked up. The problem is, nobody other than the woman and health professionals can realistically make a decision as to whether abortion would be right.

Government shouldn't be interfering by passing laws to ban all abortions. I'm ok with a cut off point where the fetus gains rights (with exceptions in cases of life and death etc)

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
How is the egg they were born with and grew into the fetus, not part of their body?
It’s a different body, by the virtue of being a separate life form - their DNA proves that. Not too dissimilar from conjoined twins which are also two separate entities joined at one or more points. More specifically, in the case of pregnancy they’re joined by the umbilical cord and, early on, the lining, both of which are disposable.

Deleted member 586536

Trophies
XP
JonhathonBaxster has previous said that women should be happy about pregnancies even in cases of rape, which is completely fucked up. The problem is, nobody other than the woman and health professionals can realistically make a decision as to whether abortion would be right.
Yeah I'm aware, it's the reason some of these people's shit is in my signature, to raise at least a level of awareness of what these people have said. the supreme court has ruled in the past through multiple cases that the constitution cannot apply to the unborn (primarily because of how dicy of a situation it is) and instead, only life that is already currently existing. Which just, gives another reason for me to suspect that Roe v Wade being overturned, was stupid, and they completely could of kept roe, but a different legal backing for it. Since those rulings go even further back.

Reactions: Dark_Ansem and smf

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
But instead, somehow, the party who passed that ruling, with their states banning abortion, here missed the forest for the trees. I give incredible doubt on the "somehow" since it they knew what they were doing.
So now your only action is to just sue. You still have to go through child birth.

I get that it is a shitty situation. I just find that a 10 year old getting pregnant is more shitty. If government needs to make laws about what should happen if you are an impregnated 10 year old, then anarchy has already won the moral position.

"how about we argue the fact that removing the choice to an abortion results in rapists making women's lives even worse, since she no longer abortion has a recourse she can follow."

Nah, because I don't think I disagree on that. But I won't say that the rapist is "winning" either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    They have FSR or whatever it's called and yeah it's still not great
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    so AMD seem to finally be starting to take AI seriously
    Oh yeah those new 8000 CPUs have AI cores built in that's interesting
    Maybe they plan on offloading to the CPU?
    Would be kinda cool to have the CPU and GPU working in random more
    Tandem even
    i think i heard of that, it's a good idea, shouldn't need a dedicated GPU just to run a LLM or video upscaling
    even the nvidia shield tv has AI video upscaling
    LLMs can be run on cpu anyway but it's quite slow
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Have you ever been beaten by a wet spaghetti noodle by your girlfriend because she has a twin sister, and you got confused and fucked her dad?
    I had a girlfriend who had a twin sister and they would mess with me constantly.... Until one chipped a tooth then finally I could tell them apart.... Lol
    They would have the same hair style the same clothes everything... Really messed with my head lol
    @The Real Jdbye, I could see AMD trying to pull off the CPU GPU tandem thing, would be a way to maybe close the gap a bit with Nvidia. Plus it would kinda put Nvidia at a future disadvantage since Nvidia can't make X86/64 CPUs? Intel and AMD licensing issues... I wonder how much that has held back innovation.
    i don't think nvidia wants to get in the x64 cpu market anyways
    you've seen how much intel is struggling getting into the gpu market
    and nvidia is already doing ARM
    i don't think they want to take more focus away from their gpus
    Yeah I think Nvidia s future lays in AI GPU acceleration stuff if they can get that going it's going to be super interesting in the long term
    AI assisted game creation might become a thing
    At least that's something I think would be pretty cool.
    Don some VR glasses and gloves and talk to the computer and paint entire worlds
    "OK Cortana I want that mountain a little taller and more snow on top, and I would like some random ancient pine forest around the bottom"
    "Now we need a spring fed river flowing down the north side and add some wild life appropriate for the biome"
    Many TBs of assets and the programming of something like that is going to be tough but I think it's something we might see in 20 years maybe sooner
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Many TBs of assets and the programming of something like that is going to be tough but I think...