Rockbox

Discussion in 'iPhone, iPod & iPad' started by TyBlood13, Feb 21, 2013.

Feb 21, 2013

Rockbox by TyBlood13 at 4:10 AM (561 Views / 0 Likes) 4 replies

1. TyBlood13
    OP

Member TyBlood13 Weeaboo Trash

United States
    Do you have an older iPod and hate Apple's built in OS, and iTunes (Who doesn't)?
    Then do I have something for you.
    I present to you: Rockbox open-source jukebox firmware!
    This replacement firmware for most iPods with click-wheels and other media players gives you drag and drop access to the FAT32 formatted drive on your ipod.
    Simple and easy control.
    This gives you every thing the iPod's firmware could have been, minus support for only .mpeg video formats.
    Audio support for: .mp3, .flac, .m4a, .aac, and MORE!
    Try it out at http://www.rockbox.org
    The people who made this have been working on this for nearly a decade and their work should be appreciated!

2. Crystal the Glaceon

Member Crystal the Glaceon GBAtemp Inkling™ Squishies~

Antarctica
    Old news is old, but interesting none the less.
    I have been using Rockbox for years on a number of MP3 players.
    I am actually running Rockbox on my Sansa Fuze+. It's only the dev builds, but it's still pretty fun to play with. Plus I enjoy shocking people when they see me playing Pokemon blue on it ^_^

DinohScene likes this.
  3. TyBlood13
    OP

Member TyBlood13 Weeaboo Trash

United States
    I didn't see a thread about it so I thought I would say something, and I've tried playing Pokemon Gold on my iPod Classic 7th Gen (Dev build with emCORE), and it just sounds like crap, but I have a DSi and an AceKard for that (saving up for a DSTwo).

4. Crystal the Glaceon

Member Crystal the Glaceon GBAtemp Inkling™ Squishies~

Antarctica
    There might be a thread about it since Rockbox has been out for like 10 years now, but just dead as shit and no one wants to bump it because it's not worth bumping. So yeah, worth making a new thread instead! ^_^

Most of the iPod's have meh hardware. On my Fuze+ the games run at about 95% full speed and the sound is pretty decent. It's not's 100% perfect, but it's better than most.

5. Rydian

Member Rydian Resident Furvert™

Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    United States
    I used it on my Sansa C250 and it's on my Fuze(v2), but development's been pretty slow for a while. Likely because a lot of people are switching over to more powerful players that are running more than a basic OS.