Rockband Guitar

Discussion in 'Wii - Hardware, Devices and Utilities' started by broksonic, Aug 28, 2009.

1. broksonic
    OP

broksonic GBAtemp Regular

Jun 30, 2009
    I have guitar hero greatest hits and even though my guitar sync to the white box. None of the buttons work [​IMG]

2. parrurreichon

parrurreichon Member

Newcomer
    Jul 3, 2009
    Mexico
    rock band instruments dont work with any guitar hero game released as of today on wii, i think GH5 will have support but nothing is confirmed yet

3. Rammoth

Rammoth GBAtemp Fan

Oct 28, 2003
    United States
    Guitar Hero 5 does support Rock Band instruments. Everything from Harmonix that has been released before that, does not sadly.

4. broksonic
    OP

Jun 30, 2009
    I have rockband 2 now and even that won't work. I get immediate sync with the dongle but it NEVER assigns a controller profile

I have a wii 3.4e with hombrew and the latest usb loader GX

5. Rammoth

Rammoth GBAtemp Fan

Oct 28, 2003
    United States
    USB loader is the problem. You need some program of which I forgot the name, to get USB instruments working through USB loader as far as I know. Search around a bit on this forum, as I'm sure I came across it several times.

6. Screemer

Screemer GBAtemp Maniac

Sep 21, 2008
    Gambia, The
    install hermes cios and force the loader to use that ios with rockband to get the instruments working.

7. broksonic
    OP

Jun 30, 2009
    i intsalled the ios's like it says in the guide. But still no luck with wii regonising guitar. i get blue light on white box you plug in wii and circle on the guitar is blue . So it is synced, but none of the buttons on the guitar do anything.
    Going to put it on a DVD and see if it works then

Thanks for your help