Gaming Rock Band 2

Pyrofyr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just tossing this question out there:
I've seen several "RB/GH Modded for __" files flying about, if I got the RB Modded for GH, would I be able to use the GH guitars for it? /hmm I really don't want to go out and have to buy RB guitars just for RB that don't work on GH, and vice versa.

tNB

Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
PAL 3.2Ev2 here

Got rockband 2 scrubbed(I'm visiting my parents so bandwith is a problem here, and I only brought a couple of empty DVDs)

Wiifrii + brickblock : menu doesn't recognize game, geckoOS recognizes game but black screen on boot
Wiifrii only: menu recognizes game but wants me to update, geckoOS also recognizes game but black screen on boot

I'm wondering if I should waste another disc on a clean burn+gecko OS, or wait until the ubscrubbed one finished downloading.

EDIT: forgot to mention I have a wiikey installed. I'm just going to wait for the unscrubbed ISO.

dengar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Zapu gave you the correct response.

"Use this special version of softchip for rockband (based on IOS37 afair)."

Do a search for it....its in there.

Deebuzz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Or just install 3.2 + GH:WT update and use GeckoOS with "force PAL60"

Or install 3.3v2 + RB2 update and start with Disc Channel
wink.gif

Otherwise RB2 won't recognize the RB1 instruments

Rammoth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pyrofyr said:
Just tossing this question out there:
I've seen several "RB/GH Modded for __" files flying about, if I got the RB Modded for GH, would I be able to use the GH guitars for it? /hmm I really don't want to go out and have to buy RB guitars just for RB that don't work on GH, and vice versa.

You don't need any mod for Rock Band 2. It recognizes all Guitar Hero instruments on the Wii.
Guitar Hero does not recognize any Rock Band instrument though. And you won't be able to use your Guitar Hero peripherals on "Rock Band 1" and both Track Packs for "Rock Band 1" (except the AC/DC Track Pack, which recognizes the GH3 guitar, but not the drum)

Yush

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok so I need to clarify a few things. A lot of different answers have been floated around in this thread so it would be good if someone could post a straight answer all in one go.

I have the scrubbed version of rock band 2 and am wanting to play it on my pal wiikey'd wii (not sure what version, but it is a legacy wiikey). My wii does not recognise the disc if I apply brickblocker and/or regionfrii onto the iso. The untouched iso works but requires the installation of the system update. My wii is now v3.4E and I have not got any homebrew channels installed.

Questions:
1. Am I able to install this update without bricking my wii (since I am already on 3.4E)?
2. My friend has a copy of GH:WT - if I install the update from GH:WT will that eliminate the need for me to install the rb2 update? I have rb1 and gh3 guitars, will both work for this scenario?

I gather from previous posts that there are a few problems with the scrubbed version of the iso. Bandwidth is a problem at my residence which is why I downloaded the scrubbed version in the first place. But if there aren't any easy fixes available then I guess I'll have to download the 1:1 iso.

Deebuzz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Answers:
1. Yes! It would only brick, if disc has update 3.5 (which doesn't exist already)
2. Yes! You have also the opportunitiy to install the GH:WT update. Then RB2 update shouldn't be shown anymore. RB1 instruments and GH3 guitars should be recognised

Yush

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tried updating just now and it froze on me halfway. I think I will just wait till I finish the 1:1 iso or maybe try grabbing my friends copy of GH:WT.

irishgond

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Deebuzz said:
Or just install 3.2 + GH:WT update and use GeckoOS with "force PAL60"

Or install 3.3v2 + RB2 update and start with Disc Channel
wink.gif

Otherwise RB2 won't recognize the RB1 instruments

Thx for the reply...quick ques tho... what do you mean by install 3.3v2 ?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: It's how we used to cheat at Pokewalker.