Hacking Rock Band 2 on USB Launcher

LinkFan16

I link them all
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Well, I have a problem over here. I want to play my US import of rock band 2 on my pal wii with the usb loader (waninkokos official version 1.5 and the unofficial cios rev11) but it just gives me a black screen. Also it takes longer to boot this game than other games with the usb loader (all other games are working just fine). I've searched and found that I may need additional IOS to play this game (IOS37, IOS38, IOS53 and IOS55), so I installed these but this didn't solve my problem. Also I tried to reinstall the game to my wbfs drive (using wbfs intelligent gui v5), didn't help. BTW my firmware is 3.2E. I would have checked the compatiblity wiki, but currently it is in maintenance mode. Does anyone have a clue what's missing here? Or is the only way to play this game the special version of the softchip loader? Thanks in advance

Edit: I thought I should add what kind of drive I am using. It's a 3,5" 1TB Toshiba StorE PX1396E - 3T01 (you can see it here). Also figured I might try one of the loaders to force the video mode from ntsc to pal, since I try to play an ntsc game on a pal wii. I just wonder why other ntsc games (e.g. Guitar Hero Metallica) work just fine without any kind of forcing.

Edit 2: I just tried the modified softchip launcher that should work for rockband - I installed the cios37 as ios 232 and then tried to load rockband 2 with the special softchip loader from a normal dvd disk (verbatim of course), but still got a black screen. I thought the problem could be the ISO itself, but this can't be since trucha signer opens the iso just fine on my pc. I really don't know what I could try next is there anyone who can help me?

coreduo0099

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the CIOS versions 9 and 10 "break" the USB drivers so that only the USB drive for loading images works. Microphones get disabled.

If you load from DVD, you should be able to play... Rumor is that cIOS11 may fix it. Until then, no microphone games with USB Loader.

LinkFan16

I link them all
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Yes, I know that support for usb instruments gets broken because of cios rev 10. maybe I should remove this because I installed cios rev 11 over cios rev 10. have to check this with anytitle deleter. also I would like to know, does cios rev 11 install as ios250 like cios rev 10? or does it install as ios249 just like cios rev 9? microphone isn't important for me since I can't sing that well XD well guitar hero world tour loads just fine. But still I have no clue why I get a black screen when booting rockband 2 (so no game menu, just a black screen directly after booting from disc/usb loader). I searched further through the forums and somewhere I read that rockband 2 was booting fine for people with usb loader (apart from freezing in mid song). maybe someone of these people can help

Edit

I heared scrubbed copies of rockband 2 might not work and give black screen. the iso I use is scrubbed so can anyone confirm this?

LinkFan16

I link them all
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
AllWiidUp said:
you need a IOS37+usb, which AFAIK hasn't been made yet.

yeah, this thought came to my head as well. If I would know more about wad un- and repacking I just would extract the cios36 rev 11 wad from my wii and repack a normal ios37 wad with the patches of cios36 rev 11, but I'm scared to try that since I once bricked my old wii with a wad that was packed by myself. A modified multi cios installer could do the job as well I guess. well I just have to wait and see if there will be a solution for my problem. but thanks for your help.

tueidj

I R Expert
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Forget about IOS/cIOSes; if GHWT runs fine there is no problem there.

US Rock Band 2 cannot be forced to PAL, it will only work if your tv supports NTSC.

LinkFan16

I link them all
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
tueidj said:

US Rock Band 2 cannot be forced to PAL, it will only work if your tv supports NTSC.

hm... that is really strange. as I said, other ntsc games (us copy of brawl, guitar hero metallica, various guitar hero 3 customs) are working fine. well maybe I should think about getting a pal copy of the game. again thanks for the help and the suggestions what could be wrong

alkobottle

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
tueidj said:

then why can I play rock band 2 NTSC on my PAL wii just fine?
wink.gif

of course not with the usb loader, but from disc

also GHWT uses other instruments as far as i know?

tueidj

I R Expert
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
alkobottle said:
tueidj said:

then why can I play rock band 2 NTSC on my PAL wii just fine?
wink.gif
Because your TV obviously supports NTSC input, duh. There is no way to get RB2 to work in 576i mode. Most games can run in either mode but there are a few that can't.
The instrument problem just means the USB instruments don't work, it doesn't prevent the game from running.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :blink: