Gaming rock band 2 dlc problem

vanburn

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
i've managed to get get every song purchased with the v6 hack but cant download anything. not enough space on wii memory. i have 2000 free blocks. on on 4.1e have changed shop channel to us, am using a pal game copy have fried it to us as well. have ran it through gamma loader and uloader but still no joy. anyone any ideas. thanks in advance.

Szalkow

RawkSD Cheerleader
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
DLC does not download or store correctly when using backup copies. The only confirmed way to use Rock Band 2 DLC is to purchase the game. At $20, it is arguably the best investment you can make for the Wii.

vanburn

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
So can i buy a ntsc retail disc change my shopping channel to us and play it through the main disc channel somehow.

Riicky

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Szalkow said:
DLC does not download or store correctly when using backup copies. The only confirmed way to use Rock Band 2 DLC is to purchase the game. At $20, it is arguably the best investment you can make for the Wii.

Not true, I've downloaded plenty of DLC using a backup copy

chubzilla

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have also downloaded plenty of content from Rock Band 2 DLC. The only problem I run into is backing up the downloaded content every time I load Rock Band 2 with cfgUSBloader. And when I want to download new songs, I have to make sure my Wii system memory has enough open blocks.

Szalkow

RawkSD Cheerleader
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Rock Band 2's music store works more-or-less correctly via a cIOS, although some other games (GHWT, etc) may corrupt the songs or not work at all. It doesn't really matter, since you will encounter DLC problems with pretty much any method of backup loading. Playing from the original disc is the only guaranteed way to get the full DLC experience.

If you have a PAL copy of Rock Band, you are well-advised to keep your Shop Channel region at its default. Changing regions messes with your purchases and shop channel account. Yes, it doesn't have the full song selection of NTSC's store yet, but more than 50% of the songs are available and they update it with several hundred additional songs every month or so.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @Psionic Roshambo, would you recommend playing n64 games on a ps3 through retroarch?