rock band 2 dlc problem

Discussion in 'Wii - Console and Game Discussions' started by vanburn, Jan 14, 2010.

Jan 14, 2010

rock band 2 dlc problem by vanburn at 6:55 PM (1,270 Views / 0 Likes) 6 replies

1. vanburn
    OP

Newcomer vanburn Member

United Kingdom
    i've managed to get get every song purchased with the v6 hack but cant download anything. not enough space on wii memory. i have 2000 free blocks. on on 4.1e have changed shop channel to us, am using a pal game copy have fried it to us as well. have ran it through gamma loader and uloader but still no joy. anyone any ideas. thanks in advance.

2. Szalkow

Member Szalkow RawkSD Cheerleader

United States
    DLC does not download or store correctly when using backup copies. The only confirmed way to use Rock Band 2 DLC is to purchase the game. At $20, it is arguably the best investment you can make for the Wii.

3. vanburn
    OP

Newcomer vanburn Member

United Kingdom
    So can i buy a ntsc retail disc change my shopping channel to us and play it through the main disc channel somehow.

4. Davess

Member Davess On the list :D (Thanks Haflore)

Canada
    Dangerous^

5. Riicky

Member Riicky GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States

Not true, I've downloaded plenty of DLC using a backup copy

6. chubzilla

Newcomer chubzilla Newbie

United States
    I have also downloaded plenty of content from Rock Band 2 DLC. The only problem I run into is backing up the downloaded content every time I load Rock Band 2 with cfgUSBloader. And when I want to download new songs, I have to make sure my Wii system memory has enough open blocks.

7. Szalkow

Member Szalkow RawkSD Cheerleader

United States
    Rock Band 2's music store works more-or-less correctly via a cIOS, although some other games (GHWT, etc) may corrupt the songs or not work at all. It doesn't really matter, since you will encounter DLC problems with pretty much any method of backup loading. Playing from the original disc is the only guaranteed way to get the full DLC experience.

If you have a PAL copy of Rock Band, you are well-advised to keep your Shop Channel region at its default. Changing regions messes with your purchases and shop channel account. Yes, it doesn't have the full song selection of NTSC's store yet, but more than 50% of the songs are available and they update it with several hundred additional songs every month or so.