fkw12

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
I was recently trying to play Riviera on my PSP3k
I have the latest Gen for the PSP3k installed (5.03) via chicken

most recent and old games work with no hassle but games like Riviera and samurai warriors 1 really give me a hard time

What am I doin wrong here? is it the ISO thats bad?
Also trying to get Ys Felghana no chikai to work but that too is givin me a headache

someone please explain why these wont work

DarkDusk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"Ys Felghana no chikai" is easy to get working these days. Just decrypt and replace the eboot.bin and enable the "usersystemlib620.prx" plugin. Try it. For the other 2 games you've mentioned, I'm afraid I've never tried them before. Maybe you need to change the driver by pressing select on your psp.

ragingchaosgod

JUBILEUS QAAL OVOF VOMSARG
Trophies
Website
therokuryu.tumblr.com
XP
Country
This works for me:
When you're in the home area, press select and choose recovery menu. From there...

Enter: Advanced --> Advanced Configuration -->
Plain modules in UMD/ISO (Currently: DISABLED)
Execute BOOT.BIN in UMD/ISO (Currently: ENABLED)

Reverse the process if you wanna play anything else after that. I mean, restore those things you changed to what they were.

fkw12

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
ragingchaosgod said:
This works for me:
When you're in the home area, press select and choose recovery menu. From there...

Enter: Advanced --> Advanced Configuration -->
Plain modules in UMD/ISO (Currently: DISABLED)
Execute BOOT.BIN in UMD/ISO (Currently: ENABLED)

Reverse the process if you wanna play anything else after that. I mean, restore those things you changed to what they were.

thanks! it works perfectly

gonna go try YS now xD

ragingchaosgod

JUBILEUS QAAL OVOF VOMSARG
Trophies
Website
therokuryu.tumblr.com
XP
Country
o7 Happy I could help. Usually, this is my solution for older games and I find that they work. Like for Tales of the World for example. Just don't forget to enable/disable again when ya wanna play something new!

fkw12

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
DarkDusk said:
"Ys Felghana no chikai" is easy to get working these days. Just decrypt and replace the eboot.bin and enable the "usersystemlib620.prx" plugin. Try it. For the other 2 games you've mentioned, I'm afraid I've never tried them before. Maybe you need to change the driver by pressing select on your psp.

I think the iso I got already has the eboot replaced but where can I find this usersystemthingeemajig?

DarkDusk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got it from a chinese site. That was in April. I already forgotten which site exactly.
But it used to be included in the "release.rar" that was posted in the "Guide to getting KHBBS patch working" topic.
Until it was removed when the TS change the link to "release0.5.rar". I guess if you look around some psp resources site you will find it.

Tear

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
A permanent solution for Riviera wold be patching it with eboot exchanger v2.8
Do it once and you never have to change the configs again for this game
wink.gif

fkw12

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Can someone tell me what the steps are to get all the old isos working on a PSP3K with GEN C (5.03)

is there a Eboot patcher somewhere that will let me run games old and new
I have no idea what this promitheus thing is but does that work for older isos

sick of psp shutting off when I try games like Tagforce 4 JPN, Ys 1/2 and felghana

thanks

fkw12

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
ragingchaosgod said:
@fkw12: what problems are you having? If you're getting an error on the older games, try the method I suggested above. o.o

like when I start the iso the screen goes black and it suddenly shuts off xD
I have yet to try tagforce but it kinda pisses me off that not all Isos I own work with one setting

I was thinking of patching all the eboots I got so they are all guaranteed to work under one setting
is there a patcher or some kinda method out there (that involves changing eboots)

thanks

ps- you have been a big help but I want everything to work under the current setup

DarkDusk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If the psp shuts down and switch off after you pressed start on a game, it means you did not patch your iso with the decrypted eboot properly. Usually I download decrypted eboots uploaded by other users, but if you know what you're doing, you can decrypt it yourself. Just know that if you do it yourself and the psp shuts down, it's the eboot part that you've messed up.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr