Hacking Riski mod hack

elvis24

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ive got a wii 3.2e starfall, gamma, etc.. etc..
I use the gamma channel to play my back ups and the 002 fix for nfs even thou its crap the loader is on memory card.
I did keep upto date with all that was going on but have been away for a month, my question is simple, after reading several topics I kinda feel I should use riskimods system. Should I, or should I wait for csm or just keep using gamma.
Thanks

p.s if a knowing member could put a comparison list together for the different hacks for hte wii back ups that would be great cos reading through 90 plus pages on one topic and then more pages on another can be a little confusing.
Thank you

goku1980

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
riiskimod is just as good as gamma but the huge diff is the region free loading i have a bunch of pal games that i had to force ntsc on (i.e. shaun white) now every game i stick in loads from the disc channel so i would say do it

Snave2008

Trophies
Website
www.completelyfreewii.com
XP
Country
Yeah definitely hook up Riskii - as Goku said the compatibility is brilliant and it's just so much more streamlined.

If you ever have anyone else play your Wii you know that they can just put in the disk and play - without the fear of them buggering it up!

macmel

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I am in the same boat as you, I followed the riskii thread and would say that it is really good based on the other users experience. But I haven't done the mod yet, what keeping me is cSM and the v3.0 of Riskii or SoftMii which ever comes first. If you can wait a little bit more and ok with your set up now then wait a week or two.

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
stay with the loader, as you don't seem to understand how some things work, when you posted "......blahblahblah even thou its crap the loader is on memory card"

really..!!
smile.gif

elvis24

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks all for the info, you have confirmed what I thought, ill wait for v3 i think as it its gonna be out soon ish.
Eter2802 what I meant was even though nfs is crap I still have the loader on the memory card for the 002 fix should the need to use it arise, I also have the softchip set up for rock band, forgot to mention that. Are the instruments compatible with the riskiimod hack?
Im not a total noob but been a way for a month and was asking those who know more there opinion.

macmel

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
elvis24 said:
Thanks all for the info, you have confirmed what I thought, ill wait for v3 i think as it its gonna be out soon ish.
Eter2802 what I meant was even though nfs is crap I still have the loader on the memory card for the 002 fix should the need to use it arise, I also have the softchip set up for rock band, forgot to mention that. Are the instruments compatible with the riskiimod hack?
Im not a total noob but been a way for a month and was asking those who know more there opinion.

I guess you will not see version 3 as they have renamed it to SoftMii which I think will be released as version 1.0. They have a separate thread for that where you can get more info.

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=132169

I think instruments are going to work fine, although don't take my word for it. I'm just trying to pull it from my memory based on what I read and haven't tested it personally.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :rofl2: