Ripping sounds from a game

Discussion in 'PSP - Games & Content' started by ZeroGwafa, Jan 30, 2009.

Jan 30, 2009

Ripping sounds from a game by ZeroGwafa at 4:41 AM (824 Views / 0 Likes) 4 replies

1. ZeroGwafa
    OP

Newcomer ZeroGwafa Member

United States
    Is there a way to rip sound effects from a game, say Yu-Gi-Oh Tag Duel 3 without plugging in the headphones to the mic port? Would there be a way to rip it from the UMD itself?

2. blueskies

Member blueskies GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    You can browse the filesystem of the iso with umdgen, i don't know if it's going to be as easy as ripping out an mp3 though. look around and see.

3. ZeroGwafa
    OP

United States
    I'll give that a try, I figure there will be a format that I may have to convert from, but I'll give it a shot, Thanks!

4. Devil May Cry

Member Devil May Cry GBAtemp Fan

United States
    I did this with the Resistance Demo. The sound files are .AT3. These can be renamed to .WAV. Then using any WAV->MP3 converter (I used goldwave, google it), you can make these into MP3s.

5. ZeroGwafa
    OP

United States
    Thanks Devil!

EDIT: ok, i extracted the contents, there is a "snd" folder, which i assume is a sound folder, in this folder is a lone .bin file, which i tried to mount with PowerISO, but it was denied with an error of "Invalid file type" Is there another way to view the contents of the bin file?

EDIT2: My google-fu is weak, thanks for all the advice!