Hacking Rip Playstation games using PS3?

shadowdorothy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
OK so I'm a noob when it comes to useing PS3 for anything other than gaming with PS3 games and playing online. But I heard from a freind a while ago that it is possible to rip contect from a playstation cd and save it to the ps3 hard drive, and from there transfer it to a PSP. Is that true? Can it be done? I'd like to be able to back up my playstation games, but my computer won't recognize the cd's. So I figured I'd try this route. If this is possible what must be done?

Any info would be helpful, thanks.

koji2009

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK so I'm a noob when it comes to useing PS3 for anything other than gaming with PS3 games and playing online. But I heard from a freind a while ago that it is possible to rip contect from a playstation cd and save it to the ps3 hard drive, and from there transfer it to a PSP. Is that true? Can it be done? I'd like to be able to back up my playstation games, but my computer won't recognize the cd's. So I figured I'd try this route. If this is possible what must be done?

Any info would be helpful, thanks.

Full disclaimer, my PS3 is no longer hacked and hasn't been for months. Got frustrated/tired of the lack of progress and not being able to get on the PSN.

That said, I don't remember there ever being a DIRECT way to do so. You could easily/simply use an FTP program on a hacked PS3, access the CD drive, then copy all of the contents, then put that into an ISO container.

If you mean a non-hacked PS3, no, there is no way to copy a real PS1 disc using a PS3 and putting it on a PSP.

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
1: You can rip games to your PS3 hard drive
2: You can use a FTP client to transfer them to your PC
3: PS3 games are huge, your PSP wont hold much...and why the hell would you want the PS3 games on your PSP? It can't play them.

I don't think there's a way other than FTP transfer to get games off of your PS3s HDD. Pretty sure you can't transfer them directly from PS3 to a HDD but i've never tried, so I have no clue.

shadowdorothy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I don't want PS3 games on my psp. I want PS1 games on my psp. I know it can handle PS1 games and I'd like to back up the ones I have.

I know I can back up saves to a flash drive using a non modded ps3, so I'm wondering if I can back up ps1 games too.

elgarta

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't want PS3 games on my psp. I want PS1 games on my psp. I know it can handle PS1 games and I'd like to back up the ones I have.

I know I can back up saves to a flash drive using a non modded ps3, so I'm wondering if I can back up ps1 games too.

Pretty sure that in order for the PSP to read them they need to be in the correct formatt, which I think is Eboot. I don't know if the PSN downloads use the same formatt as I have backed up my PS1 games as eboots.

Not sure if it is what you are asking for your end point though, but PS1 games can be played on the PSP without any problems, but those are usually PC rips/Converts or copies from the PSN

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Kind of. I know I could rip my PS1 games to my computer if my cd drive recognized them. But it doesn't, and I don't know what else to do.

Er, is your PC's DVD drive broken? It should be able to rip PS1 game discs. I'd never had a problem doing it before.
They need to be modified to run on a PSP though. i don't think it's a difficult process, but i'm too lazy to google it for you.

Frankly it's just easier to google " *PS1 game name* PSP"

shadowdorothy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
FTP+ file transfer protocol. Nothing is wrong with my cd drive as far as I can tell. It'll read every kind of cd or dvd i put in, but not PS1 discs.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
The PS3 can rip CD/DVD/Bluray if you have PS3 with custom FW 3.55. (3.41 cFW or MFW doesn't work).

You need to use MultiMAN and enable the CD access mode to rip the CD in .ISO format.
Once you have the PS1 game in ISO format, transfer it to your computer and use a program to convert the iso to eboot for Popstation, for example "PSX2PSP".

Edit:
I'm searching more information, and it seems PS1 ripping has some problem with multiMAN. (Maybe I'm reading an old message from an old release).

Pado

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
You sure that your CD/DVD drive can't read the PS1 disc? If you mean that you don't see any files on the disc, that's normal cause it's encrypted, making it not possible see the file contents in Windows Explorer.

Simply use for example, Imgburn and save the CD as .iso

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Couldn't you rip it with another computer? a friend or family's computer?

Also, when you say "not recognized", is it like it doesn't detect there's a disc in the reader, does it try to read it but fail, or does it work but you don't see any files (like explain above, it's normal on some games)?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: https://youtu.be/heNQ-22Mqnk?si=B4bTa9MKZkRNCkxU