EpicLPer

Your friendly Austrian IT Guy
Trophies
Website
epiclper.com
XP
Country
Austria
This so much. I downgraded roughly six O3DS systems. One of them were on firmware 9.4 which couldn't properly turn on after the downgrade unless I took out the SD card. However, for the others, once I updated to 10.3, then downgraded from there, there was no issue with the 3DS booting after the downgrade.
That's because of extdata and menuhax still being present with the wrong payload in the background. Perfectly fine.

LeSpaz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This so much. I downgraded roughly six O3DS systems. One of them were on firmware 9.4 which couldn't properly turn on after the downgrade unless I took out the SD card. However, for the others, once I updated to 10.3, then downgraded from there, there was no issue with the 3DS booting after the downgrade.

did you take the sd card out while it was still on? or did a hard reset then take it out?
because i think i'm experiencing the same thing right now.

moopas

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What about for us n3ds users? Are we still fine?

Can we downgrade?

Yes, N3DS systems have had outstanding results with the newest sysupdater linked in the tutorial (Julian's version).

Very simple:

* optional * backup saves with SVDT
format system
downgrade
Choose emuNAND or not
reinstall games
* optional * import saves from before with SVDT

DONE, and with the optional steps, no save data lost.

With the system format, and the newer sysUpdater, there have been no hardbricks yet (aside from user errors regarding installing o3DS to N3DS updates).
Very stable with 80% success rate, and ~20% softbricks that are easily remedied via the safemode restore and try again.

Mrperson0

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's because of extdata and menuhax still being present with the wrong payload in the background. Perfectly fine.

Hmm, that makes sense. So if you are on 10.3 then go down to 9.2, there's no issue with the extdata and menuhax?

did you take the sd card out while it was still on? or did a hard reset then take it out?
because i think i'm experiencing the same thing right now.

On my 9.4 firmware, after downgrading, it was stuck at "Will reboot at 10 seconds", so I had to force shut it down, then reboot without the SD card inside. As @EpicLPer mentioned, it seems to be a problem with a certain extdata folder and menuhax, so if you delete those, you should be able to turn the 3DS back on with the SD card inside.

thegameksk

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, N3DS systems have had outstanding results with the newest sysupdater linked in the tutorial (Julian's version).

Very simple:

* optional * backup saves with SVDT
format system
downgrade
Choose emuNAND or not
reinstall games
* optional * import saves from before with SVDT

DONE, and with the optional steps, no save data lost.

With the system format, and the newer sysUpdater, there have been no hardbricks yet (aside from user errors regarding installing o3DS to N3DS updates).
Very stable with 80% success rate, and ~20% softbricks that are easily remedied via the safemode restore and try again.

If we copy the contents of the micro sd to our computer, wipe sd, downgrade, and recopy contents to sd will our stuff still be there outside of saves?

JBMSU

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
I hope you read this JustPingo,

You're such a fuckin idiot man. You had absolutely NOTHING. Tried to hype your shit up and continuously told people not to use other downgraders and wait for yours. Fucking LOL. You dropped the ball with SNShax and anyone who believed your lies with KTM is almost as pathetic as you, ALMOST. Go fuck yourself man but at the same time thanks because this is hilarious. The good guys over at /vg/ are having a fucking blast laughing at how sad you are. I hope you cried man because I cried from laughter. Faggot

Mr_sephiroth

Trophies
XP
Country
Syria

You're such a fuckin idiot man. You had absolutely NOTHING. Tried to hype your shit up and continuously told people not to use other downgraders and wait for yours. Fucking LOL. You dropped the ball with SNShax and anyone who believed your lies with KTM is almost as pathetic as you, ALMOST. Go fuck yourself man but at the same time thanks because this is hilarious. The good guys over at /vg/ are having a fucking blast laughing at how sad you are. I hope you cried man because I cried from laughter. Faggot

calm down dude
This was known since yesterday
but are still unstable downgrade an N3DS people are ilucionan for stability

Last edited by Mr_sephiroth,

Panic.exe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Seems like you cried because your feelings got hurt tbh.

Reactions: Nirmonculus

Flame

Me > You
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
people in this thread is like the man got your money and ran of with it...

and he owes you nothing.

its like people told not to update past 4.5 and they did.. they were told not to update past 9.2 and they did. now you can downgrade(yes risky) but still people bitch.

if you want all the games. listen!

Last edited by Flame,

moopas

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If we copy the contents of the micro sd to our computer, wipe sd, downgrade, and recopy contents to sd will our stuff still be there outside of saves?

Outside of anything within the Nintendo 3DS folder with your system's ID, yes, everything will be there, but the system format creates a new system ID for you, so basically everything within the "Nintendo 3DS" folder will still be there, but be unuseable by your system since it will now count as a different system, and 3DS cannot read other systems' files.

So in short, all of your Homebrew applications will still be there, yes.

D

Deleted User

people in this thread is like the man got your money and ran of with it...

and he owes you anything.

its like people told not to update past 4.5 and they did.. they were told not to update past 9.2 and they did. now you can downgrade(yes risky) but still people bitch.

if you want all the games. listen!
Everyone is happy to take and take but never want to give. Its as simple as that. They all feel entitled to something. Its unfortunate.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: This movie rip so werid has 10180p quality but the audios ripped with movie theater audio quality