RIP a music... without any .sdat

Discussion in 'NDS - ROM Hacking and Translations' started by Stalzak, Mar 29, 2014.

1. Stalzak
    OP

Stalzak Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 2, 2014
    France
    Hey everyone ! (While I'm thinking about it : sorry for my bad english, I hope it'll be readable :ph34r:)

Anyway. I have a copy of a Disgaea rom, and I search to extract musics from the NDS version (yeaaah, I'm used to the DS sound after all B-))

But here's a fact : there's no damn .sdat files in that rom ! At least I've found a file named "song.dat" with a "song.dat.tbl" thanks to DSLazy, but I don't know how to get musics files (in .mid or whatever) from these.

So ! Any ideas ? I've already tried with NdsSnDext and VGMTrans.

Thanks for your help !

2. FAST6191

FAST6191 Techromancer

pip Reporter
    Nov 21, 2005
    United Kingdom
  3. Stalzak
    OP

Stalzak Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 2, 2014
    France
    Ow, glad to see you Fast6191, I've already saw you on other topics. Well I'll give a seek (if I'm able to understand the point :rolleyes:)

EDIT : Wait a minute, I haven't asked you about the mini2sf rip :rofl2:Where can I find it ? I've already Googled for the OST but I've only found the PS2 version and a youtube rip that was... um... bad.

EDIT2 : Found. Let's say that I'm not good on searching rip :lol: Thanks !

4. Stalzak
    OP

Stalzak Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 2, 2014
    France
    Okay, no. I still have a problem. How do I use a mini2sf file ? :huh: Can I convert it to midi or mp3 ?

5. Mirby

Mirby BDFF Hype~ :3

Feb 9, 2011
    United States
    That One Place
    You'll need a special plugin for Winamp (or Foobar2000 I think) to play that. Search for vio2sf or 2sf Decoder or something.

6. Stalzak
    OP

Stalzak Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 2, 2014
    France
    Yay, I've got it ! I'm still searching for a .mid converter but that's already a big step o/ Thank ya !