Hacking RiiskiMod 1.0

What shall we call the new version of Riiski since it aint that risky anymore...

• SoftMii

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Chip-Away

• Anti-Chip

• The U-Mod - Ultimate Soft Mod

• Total voters

radditz

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
moonwalk103 said:
Good work people! I have 1 question if its working 100% with PAL System? please confirm this to me and i will try it too and my WII, thanks!
working for me with 3.2E. all my backups loads through the disc channel (cant test the region free, i have only pal games)

FRanatic

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
kimikal27 said:
very, very good work guys, but if the speed of reading backup does not change i think ill still wait for CSM

I can't recall csm will change the drive's firmware aswell. That's the firmware which determines the read speed.
DVD = 3x
WOD = 6x

There's nothing an altered sysmenu or ios can do about that.

Jizmo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is designed for a 3.2 system since it uses PreLoader that is written for 3.2 and it's general consensus that 3.2 is bar far the best system version to be running. The guide on page 1 pretty much covers the installation process.

FRanatic

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Regarding the installation process, just to double check:

1) No need to start the install on a 'virgin' Wii right ? ---> SOLVED !
2) If ios16 and cios249rev7 are present they will just be overwritten right ? ---> SOLVED !
3) I guess it's wise to uninstall preloader, by overwriting the sysmenu.wad for 3.2 right ?
4) And offcourse remove the installed hacks with the hack-remover right ?

Thanks for clearing those up for me !

EDIT:
Just re-read the first post again and concluded I don't need to install ios16 and 249rev7 if already present.

goodboy735

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Jizmo said:
This is designed for a 3.2 system since it uses PreLoader that is written for 3.2 and it's general consensus that 3.2 is bar far the best system version to be running. The guide on page 1 pretty much covers the installation process.
Ok thanks.
I will probably try this tomorrow because its getting late and I need sleep (not really
tongue.gif
).

Jizmo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FRanatic said:

1) No need to start the install on a 'virgin' Wii right ?
2) If ios16 and cios249rev7 are present they will just be overwritten right ?
3) I guess it's wise to uninstall preloader, by overwriting the sysmenu.wad for 3.2 right ?

that sounds correct to me. I did a system menu reinstall and preloader hack removal before i did the rest.

Also I'd like to add that I just tested MPlayer DVD edition and it's playing a DVD movie just fine. So DVDX wasn't effected evidently.

Jizmo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
moonwalk103 said:
I have PAL System with 3.3E i need to downgrade to 3.2 to start this tutorial?

The instructions include the downgrading process, but you can choose to downgrade before you begin i would imagine. Print out the instructions in the First post and follow them. If you don't know what is being talked about in the instructions then do more reading/studying before you attempt this.

FRanatic

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Jizmo said:
FRanatic said:

1) No need to start the install on a 'virgin' Wii right ?
2) If ios16 and cios249rev7 are present they will just be overwritten right ?

that sounds correct to me. I did a system menu reinstall and preloader hack removal before i did the rest.

Also I'd like to add that I just tested MPlayer DVD edition and it's playing a DVD movie just fine. So DVDX wasn't effected evidently.

Cool, I'll give it a go when I get home from work.
So when installing the sysmenu I remove prloader, so when it fails I can't recover using preloader right ?
Also starfall would be out of the question as it needs the sysmenu to load the recovery mode right ?

So if the sysmenu.wad install fails the only recovery option is savemiifrii and install a sysmenu from a retail game which has a higher version of the sysmenu right ? ( I'm not chipped)

Sorry for being a nag with all these questions, but just wanna make sure what my options are.
Also I want to see if I am starting to get this whole ios/wii/recovery/preloading/starfall/backup/dualbooting/autoload.dol/regionfree/install thing...

Once again thanks for putting up with me !

mhadf

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Now that is a decent guide.

Just waiting for small child to stop playing on the Wii so I can finally do it.

Thanks to everyone for taking the time to work through this, I've read every post on the system menu thread/preloader and now this one.....

you guys are nuts, and I salute you
smile.gif

fishears

fishears
Trophies
Website
code.google.com
XP
Country
so, the uninstall method... is that getting all the unpatched IOS's and installing them?
I just like to know where my exits are before I go into a dangerous place - standard procedure
smile.gif

FRanatic

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
fishears said:
so, the uninstall method... is that getting all the unpatched IOS's and installing them?
I just like to know where my exits are before I go into a dangerous place - standard procedure
smile.gif

From what I have understood from the cioscorp thread, Yes.
OVERWRITING the cIOS' with the originals would get rid of at least cIOScorp.

Jacobeian

Trophies
XP
Country
Cuba
Can someone explain why retail games are supposed to run at 6x if all IOS are patched to use the "DVD-VIDEO" mode ?

What is "fix for a better MIOS" ? How are older MIOS better ?

FRanatic

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Jacobeian said:
Can someone explain why retail games are supposed to run at 6x if all IOS are patched to use the "DVD-VIDEO" mode ?

Read speed is determined by the drive firmware.
If it detectes a WOD (WiiOpticalDisc aka retail disc) it reads at 6x.
If it detects a DVD (backup or movie) it reads at 3x.

The installed ios' and systemmenu do NOT have ANYTHING to do with the read speed.

Hope thta clears it up.

fishears

fishears
Trophies
Website
code.google.com
XP
Country
and is anyone hosting an AntiCiosCorp pack anywhere? Obviously, no links on here but, hey, it's no more dodgy than the CiosCorp pack and I can get to that from here easy enough
wink.gif

Jacobeian

Trophies
XP
Country
Cuba
FRanatic said:
Jacobeian said:

Read speed is determined by the drive firmware.
If it detectes a WOD (WiiOpticalDisc aka retail disc) it reads at 6x.
If it detects a DVD (backup or movie) it reads at 3x.

The installed ios' and systemmenu do NOT have ANYTHING to do with the read speed.

Hope thta clears it up.

except that the drive firmware, need to be put in "DVD_VIDEO" mode to be able to read the DVD-R
and this is this mode which determines the read speed, not the disc format
otherwise, DVD-R are simply rejected

what is CIOS (or the DIP module)) actually doing exactly ?
does someone know ?

Screemer

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Jizmo said:
4: If a disc Does not contain NTSC Video support it will Black Screen Freeze if launched from Disc Channel. Still launches and works OK from Gamma launcher.
5: PAL games Region Patched to NTSC work correctly as long as the game has NTSC Video support.
regarding 4 and 5. shouldn't games without video mode support for a foreign region load with geckoos?

20clarky08

Official Wii Freak
OP
Trophies
Website
20clarky08.googlepages.com
XP
Country
ok had to get back to the real world for a few hours, lol

to all the guys PM'n me for a link to the pack, if you read the full thread and use ya loaf ya will find a link easy enough..

the guys our right, i dont think it will ever be possible to read at 6x unless the dvd firmware is altered, thus defeating the object of softmodding, since you would need to open the drive to flash it i.e 360 methods.

also the DIP module in short cons the wii into dvd-mode and thus allows the cIOS to read the game data and play games, this is my understanding of the process.

an uninstall process will come soon enough, but why would you wana uninstall lol

20clarky08

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: DAYTONAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!