Hardware Right controller pins

Zebybite

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So.... My right controller won't connect.....and it seems my pins are a bit off....how bad is it? Do I have to send it back to Nintendo? Will Nintendo know that I entered rcm mode a million times from this?

Also, I know I need to use an actual jig instead of a paperclip, I'm just a bit too cheap

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180727-150821_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20180727-150821_Gallery.jpg
    349.1 KB · Views: 194
Reactions: IpponDatara

Ryab

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So.... My right controller won't connect.....and it seems my pins are a bit off....how bad is it? Do I have to send it back to Nintendo? Will Nintendo know that I entered rcm mode a million times from this?

Also, I know I need to use an actual jig instead of a paperclip, I'm just a bit too cheap
I mean if the joycon still chages you are fine doesnt matter if the system detects it has connected or not seeing they are 2 different pins though if it doesnt you could always replace the entire rail and yes if you sent it into nintendo they can patch it

Zebybite

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I mean if the joycon still chages you are fine doesnt matter if the system detects it has connected or not seeing they are 2 different pins though if it doesnt you could always replace the entire rail and yes if you sent it into nintendo they can patch it
What do you mean by patch? Like, I couldn't even enter rcm?

Puppydogpals

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Nintendo can't iPatch YOUR switch as they burn the iPatch fuses at factory so can't be updated

But they probably will send you a NEW switch with the new iPatch

Best to replace the rail yourself

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

ilvampirello2004

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
You can change it!
Serach on ebay item 222931628602 L-R-Arm-Slider-Assembly-with-Flex-Cable-For-Nintendo-Switch-Joy-Con-Controller

I use this whith shortcut to entere in rcm mode.

Zebybite

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's how mine was. I just resynced the controller and it worked fine
I'm having trouble with the console itself, I damaged the part where you insert the joycon, both my right controllers still works perfectly fine wirelessly, just not physically.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

You can change it!
Serach on ebay item 222931628602 L-R-Arm-Slider-Assembly-with-Flex-Cable-For-Nintendo-Switch-Joy-Con-Controller

I use this whith shortcut to entere in rcm mode.
Thanks for trying to help, but that's the wrong part, but I already ordered a new rail from Amazon. It's nothing wrong with my controller, its the console.

Nerdtendo

Your friendly neighborhood idiot
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm having trouble with the console itself, I damaged the part where you insert the joycon, both my right controllers still works perfectly fine wirelessly, just not physically.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Thanks for trying to help, but that's the wrong part, but I already ordered a new rail from Amazon. It's nothing wrong with my controller, its the console.
That's how it was with me. Pins 9 and 10 we're jammed back. Couldn't connect it physically. I resynced the controller and it connected physically

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I'm devastated