Review sites for (J) games?

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by blainy, Jul 25, 2009.

Jul 25, 2009

Review sites for (J) games? by blainy at 4:23 PM (1,124 Views / 0 Likes) 11 replies

1. blainy
    OP

Member blainy GBAtemp Fan

Australia
    ok, so i am looking for a good site that hosts reviews of Japanese releases...i have tried metacritic, but they dont have any (J) games listed that i tried to find reviews for. i have also tried to find some decent reviews over at gamfaqs, but i am kind of over the fanboys posting rants and passing them off as reviews that seems to be the case for most niche games over that way..also, i have tried to find sites though google, but none of the sites i found were in english..

2. Heran Bago

Member Heran Bago Where do puyo come from?

United States
    Have you checked any Japanese sites? Of course 2ch will give you largely the same problems you have with gamefaqs.

3. blainy
    OP

Australia
    like i said, i have been able to find sites i cant read as they are not in english, or i can find fanboy rants. i am looking for professional reviews, or at the very least, sensible, objective reviews. google has not been alot of help..

4. Hop2089

Member Hop2089 Cute>Hot

United States
    Famitsu is your best bet as it is one of the best game review sites for most games.

Dengeki is very good for Dating sims, Bushoujo games, and gender specific games, they also have a long list of sections for video games even one catered to the DS and Wii.

V-Jump is a good alternative to Famitsu for anime related games that Dengeki doesn't cover.

These are the main ones but there are other sites.

5. blainy
    OP

Australia

do they have enlgish versions of the sites?? because i just checked out Famitsu, but i was greeted with a wall of japanese characters i CANNOT read...i am looking for sites with reviews in english. or did i miss an english option on teh site?

6. Hop2089

Member Hop2089 Cute>Hot

United States
    I don't think there are any Japanese review sites with full English.

7. blainy
    OP

Australia

well that sucks then....
    i dont care if they are for older games, but yeah, i cant find anything. thanks for your help though..

8. kennypu

Member kennypu GBAtemp Fan

United States
    thats what this site is for, the reviews -.-. anyways, if you want to read those sites, just use google's site translator for a start. lol

9. blainy
    OP

Australia

where on GBAtemp can i find game reviews man?? i couldn't find a link anywhere...oh, and thanks for the reccomendation to try the google translate thingo...its not 100, but it makes them readable at least,.. [​IMG]

10. kennypu

United States
    you're welcome. by GBAtemp, i meant you can ask here how games are and most people will give legit answers(notice i said most xD). there was a weekly game review thing done by hadrian i think? but i guess he stopped :3

11. blainy
    OP

Australia

ah, ok, no, i was hopign for something liek metacritic that has games ranked by score and stuff, but i dotn think i am going to find it..thanks for all your help guys..

12. kennypu

United States
    yeah, that was hadrian. LOL