OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Alien Hominid

This exclusive European release of Alien Hominid on the GBA is amazing. It is close to an exact port of the GCN version, even including the same level designs and purdy character models. The graphics are purely Newgrounds and the gameplay is excellent. This is an exact port of the GCN version. Perfect to the bosses, minigames, storyline, the only thing it’s missing is the PDA minigames the GCN had.

Gameplay
For those who have not played the GCN/PS2 version of Alien Hominid yet (go play it!), here is a review of the gameplay mechanics. The main alien guy can attack just like the army dude from Contra. Go figure. He has the gun, and you can pick up powerups, thrown to you by little kid friends, which allows you to shoot fire, ice, and powerful plasma bullets. You have the standard grenades, and your special melee attack, which lets you slash those G-men and bite their heads off. What a villainous brute, but how adorable. Unlike other shooters, to make it easier, you do not die on enemy contact, but on an attack contact. You do not have a life meter, but rather a life counter. So, attacking enemies shouldn’t be a problem, especially since you are a rabid, smiling, sadistic alien. The game is full of pokes at modern culture and internet culture, a definite up to the gameplay, because when you are biting heads off, you can read fake billboard ads in the back.

Graphics
Graphically, it’s looks like a flash game, the exact flash game that propelled Alien Hominid to stardom. Go take a look at the flash game and then imagine it on the GBA. It’s pretty much the same thing. Funny billboard ads, quirky drawing styles, straight out of a comic book; it’s definitely right out of an imaginative person’s mind.

Sound
The sound is nothing special. A few comical screams here and there, a few sound effects, the music isn’t really the strong point of the game. It’s not bad, but it could be better. Not much to say about the sound, except that it’s standard and it’s nothing out of the ordinary.

Lasting Replay
In terms of replay value, there isn’t much. It’s an arcade shooter, like Contra, in every sense of the word. You go through a few levels, attack soldiers, and then you face a boss. The storyline is comical, but once you’ve seen it, that’s pretty much it. No more new surprises.

Alien Hominid is an excellent game, albeit kinda short, but still excellent. All in all, this GBA version of Alien Hominid is a portable GCN/PS2 Alien Hominid. So, it’s more of what you love, and if you haven’t played it yet, get to it!

alien-hominid-20050804103126669.jpg

alien-hominid-20050804103130638.jpg

alien-hominid-20050804103131638.jpg

alien-hominid-20050804103137606.jpg

Gameplay - 8/10
Graphics - 8/10
Sound - 6/10
Lasting Replay - 6/10
Overall - 8/10 (Not an average)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    updated ship of harkinian, gonna install some hd texture pack
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    I might download rayman revolution for my ps3
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I may try the new ram site, and download more RAM to my Switch. Not sure if ddr3 is the right ram
    for it tho. Edit- no it uses floppy Ram, just like @AncientBoi
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    aeiou
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    And sometimes Z
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, MAGA supporters be wearing tin foil hats lol.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, whats maga?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    It stands for Maniacs Against General Acceptance
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, people rejecting general consensus about stuff?
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yup, nuh its really just Trump followers
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, im not american so i dont care about trump
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    or us elections
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Me niether, us north Koreans don't care
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i don't care either, even if i'm american
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    truth be told, i agree with psi, i dislike both candidates, but i'd probably vote trump simply because the economy was better during his presidency
    +1
  • AngryCinnabon @ AngryCinnabon:
    Just be careful, if trump ends up winning and using project 2025 America might really change...for the worse.
    I'm not american and even that sends shivers down my spine.
    anything that offers trump an opportunity to become an actual dictator
    is bad in my book, i could care less if it wasn't for that...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Canada: America's Russia
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    people are so dramatic that I can't even tell if they are being serious
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Why so serious!
    @BakerMan, yeah that's about the only reason I would vote for Trump over Biden.
    In my opinion on all other factors they are pretty much the same.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: In my opinion on all other factors they are pretty much the same.