Revert to official firmware?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by NEO-BAHAMUT-, Apr 13, 2017.

1. NEO-BAHAMUT-
    OP

NEO-BAHAMUT- GBAtemp Regular

May 22, 2013
    I imagine there is already a guide on this so hopefully someone can link me to another page.

I'm wanting to sell my N3DS. How do I revert back to original firmware from Luma / A9Lh?

Thanks

2. proflayton123

proflayton123 悲しみ

Jan 11, 2016
    Japan
    日本
    Uninstal using SafeA9LHInstaller/ Restore a pre-a9lh backup

3. tech3475

tech3475 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jun 12, 2009
    I believe the easiest way is to just flash the original NAND.

4. RHOPKINS13

RHOPKINS13 Geek

Jan 31, 2009
    United States
    If you don't have your NAND backup from before you modded your 3DS, you can uninstall it using SafeA9LHInstaller.

But before doing that, uninstall any homebrew software you have on the system. Make sure to restore your Health & Safety App if it's still replaced with FBI. Afterwards do a system format and delete everything related to A9LH/Luma/Homebrew from your microSD card.

You can update to the latest firmware too, but currently there's no way of re-modding it afterwards so I don't recommend it if you haven't already.

5. GizmoTheGreen

GizmoTheGreen GBAtemp Fan

Oct 8, 2009
    might be worth asking why do you want to revert? you could just disable the patches and/or use the ninja version of luma (what was it called kecleon something?) in ctrnand so it will still boot "normally" even if you change sd-cards in the future.

6. proflayton123

proflayton123 悲しみ

Jan 11, 2016
    Japan
    日本
    If they feel more comfortable with stock/vanilla firm for W/e Eason

7. NEO-BAHAMUT-
    OP

NEO-BAHAMUT- GBAtemp Regular

May 22, 2013
    Hi again, the reason I'm selling my 3ds is I have a Switch and I'm quite happy with that. I don't see me ever going back to use the N3DS to be honest. I've played all the games that interest me and nothing new is wetting my appetite. As for emulators - I have a Raspberry Pi that does the trick for that.

8. Quantumcat

Quantumcat Dead and alive

Nov 23, 2014
    Australia
    Canberra, Australia
    If you aren't returning it to a shop, then you should sell it as modded and get a little more money for it.