Gaming rev002 games

Vic_Vinegar

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey guys,

This is prob a silly question to ask, (I did a forum search on this topic any nothing came up) but what are rev002 games?

I've noticed that a few games are being re-released in rev002 (Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, Zelda BOTW) and when I read the nfo of those games (to find out why its been re-released in rev002) theres no reason indicating why its been re-released.

The only reason I can think of why the game has been re-released is because the original dump of the game wasn't intended for firmware 5.1.x or because the original dump isn't compatible with the latest version of the TX OS?

Am I wrong here? Or do the rev002 releases of the games include dlc's or patches?

I picked up a copy of BOTW rev002 a few weeks ago but I'm wondering if there's a point / is it worth it to re-download Mario Kart 8 Deluxe?

Vic_Vinegar

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The Rev002 games include new system updates on the cart and, sometimes, new patches. There is zero reason to redownload.
Appreciate the answer!

I'll hold off on downloading any rev002 games for a while, while not urgent to have, I'm sure its not a bad thing to have the latest version of the game installed.

Do you think future re-releases like rev009 (made up that number lol) will include dlc's or will those have to be obtained via nsp's?

blahblah

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Appreciate the answer!

I'll hold off on downloading any rev002 games for a while, while not urgent to have, I'm sure its not a bad thing to have the latest version of the game installed.

Do you think future re-releases like rev009 (made up that number lol) will include dlc's or will those have to be obtained via nsp's?

Cart revisions have nothing to do with DLC. They just include game updates and system updates. Adding DLC is never done as a silent cartridge revision.

frankGT

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
If you are downloading updates for your games, these revisions are useless.
Every 0002 revision out there is already outdated in the sense that there's newer updates for those games.

Last edited by frankGT,
Reactions: Vic_Vinegar

Thandor

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
If you are downloading updates for your games, these revisions are useless.
Every 0002 revision out there is already outdated in the sense that there's newer updates for those games.

I know that. But as I was saying, they are still better than no update if you don‘t want to go online or install nsps with any devmenu.

Reactions: Vic_Vinegar

Vic_Vinegar

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Both good points. Thanks for sharing them.

I'll keep them in mind when/if I choose to re-download a rev002 version of a game

Reactions: Thandor

ZachyCatGames

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The only reason I can think of why the game has been re-released is because the original dump of the game wasn't intended for firmware 5.1.x or because the original dump isn't compatible with the latest version of the TX OS?
Why the hell would Nintendo make a new game revision specifically so that is could work with SX OS :P

Reactions: Stone-D

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/IihvJBjUpNE?si=CsvoEbwzNKFf0GAm cool