Hacking Returning Wii Completely Back To Normal?

wingzrow

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So i've tried everything I can to get my emulators from giving me a stack dump error and i figure something must be comflicting with the way I hacked my wii a lng time ago ( softmii 2.1 )

Is there a way for me to return my wii to 3.2 with factory settings and just basically start over from scratch and then use the ultimate 4.0 guide from there?

PS: I think it may be cioscorp that's causing this so let me know if there's a way to remove cioscorp before i do anything drastic.

FenrirWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To get rid of cIOScorp, do an update to 4.0 either with Waninkoko's app or simply through Nintendo. Then install the patched IOS60 and you're good to go.

wiiNinja

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FenrirWolf said:
To get rid of cIOScorp, do an update to 4.0 either with Waninkoko's app or simply through Nintendo. Then install the patched IOS60 and you're good to go.

Has the SM4.1 hit the American soil yet? Will an update through Nintendo get him 4.1 instead of 4.0?

wingzrow

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm going through the ultimate 4.0 guide now, if I do that ( i'm on 3.2 ) and follow it exactly it should overwrite anything ive done relating to that softmii pack right?

s3phir0th115

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You'll want to keep a normal cIOS install along with the homebrew channel if you plan to update via Nintendo. That way you don't have to use any workarounds to downgrade back.

nknave

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I've done this,and Personally the way I did it is kinda rewinding all your steps.

Kinda like:

To install :

- bannerbomb, hackmii installer, HBC, DVDX, BootMii
- TBR to install IOS36 patched
- cIOS68 Rev13b
- cMIOS
- CIOS60BF.WAD

Now to Uninstall in your case since you installed cIOSCorp, I recomend to download all newer WADs from Nintendo Server with NUSD1.2b and I mean all the ones cIOSCorp installs.

From IOS9 to IOS55 and IOS60.

Than do this:

Install all fresh unmodded, truch bug fixed Nintendo WADs into your Wii overwritting older IOSes Installed.

Make sure that you Install IOS60.WAD and than SystemMenu4XX.WAD so it don't Brick.

Up to this point you'll have all clean Wii.

Now run cMIOS and restore original MIOS.
get a hold of cIOS249rev9.wad (yes, WAD), and with WAD Manager, choose to uninstall!!! this will remove cIOS (IOS249) by WaninKoko.

And last, run BannerBomb and with HackMii Installer, uninstall all.

You'll have fresh Wii 4.0 with no hacks at all!!!

As always, do this at your own risk.

Good Luck.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYZD7ykz9aQ