Hacking Returning to the scene and in need of advice

El_Syd

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Previously, I was using the M3i Zero flashcart with my DSi and I played many a backup. Ah, those were the good old days. It's been a while, but I thought I'd get back into the portable consoles with CFW, homebrew, flashcarts and whatnot, but I'm feeling pretty overwhelmed with regards to all of the developments over the years.

So, I've got a New 3DS XL (Version 11.2.0-35E) that I haven't touched since Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate. I also have a new 256GB Micro SDXC, but I'm unsure if the 3DS will work well with it. I'm wondering about whether it's possible to have GBA, DS and 3DS titles available to play on the one device.

I've done a bit of reading and 3ds.hacks.guide seems to be the go-to for setting up the CFW, which it seems is necessary for at least playing 3DS backups if I'm not mistaken. It also seems apparent that flashcarts are actually not needed (or are they??), so I'm wondering about what they're good for and if it is still worth getting one.

Another thing I'm wondering about is region restriction an so on. There are some unofficially translated, uncensored (such as Bravely Default) and 'undubbed' releases I'm interested in trying out. How would I go about doing that?

So, in short, what what you do in my situation given that:

-I have a New 3DS XL (Version 11.2.0-35E) which is untouched and a 256GB micro SDXC card
-I want to play GBA, DS and 3DS backups on one device
-I am interested in unofficially translated, uncensored and undubbed releases

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited by El_Syd,

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
  • Format your SD card as FAT32 and it should work.
  • Follow https://3ds.guide. You won't need to buy anything (unless you have only updated with a cart from a very low version).
  • You can play any region game once you are running CFW.
  • You can install gba and 3DS games to your home screen, DS games you can play through twilight menu (limited compatibility with games) or a DS flashcart (wider compatibility)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: