Retron 5 comonent ID request

Nismax

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I picked up a Retron 5 from the thrift and apparently some asshat tried to use a higher-voltage power supply with it because I got it home and did not power on with the required 5v, aside from a random flicker of the power LED. I cracked it open and noticed the component circled in red in the attached image, was fried. I could not make out the markings on it, and this is the best image I could find online, still tough to make out. I assume it is a voltage regulator? If anyone has one on hand and can ID the chip so that I can find a replacement, it would be much appreciated. Thanks for any help.

Attachments

• retron.JPG
    retron.JPG
    98.9 KB · Views: 269

Butane_Murphy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I dug out an old microscope to look at the burned on on my board ... I can make out "CU4", then either "CA", "GA", "OA", or "QA" ... not sure which. It looks like they may have used some strange components with this board ... I was able to identify one of the other voltage chips as a "C03GA", which doesn't appear to be common ...

Update: I think it might be a buck IC, and the only thing I can find in the chinese space is a CU4OF (6-pin buck IC IJ9CH Ah4GA IDP=K06 CU4OF 0B=V0B DK=W09 XT7FB). I can't seem to find a spec sheet on it or the IJ9CH. I'll keep looking ...

Update: Apparently you only need to know the first two (CU) characters. The last three are a date code. So, the actual component model is SY8009.

Last edited by Butane_Murphy,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: idk, i don't have one