Hacking RetroGameFan Updates/Releases

bearkilla

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I still cannot get new games to run using the dual boot method, specifically sonic classic collection

I have a red happybox v1.4 R4 clone running latest 1.17b fw + 2gb card (the website on the label is www.r4isdhc.com), old games work fine

When I try and run sonic classic collection from the native fw I get error code 4

When I try and run from RetroGameFan Multi Cart Update v6.72 I get a black screen (the 'creating sav' and 'loading rom' bars load fine though)

I am using the 'R4-SDHC_R4i-SDHC TTMenu' version, others won't boot for me, I have also tried to run this natively (by renaming the .dat) but I get black/white screen on boot.

Also using latest 26859-RetroGameFan DAT Update v6.72 5922

Any ideas before I buy another cart?

I have tried decrypting the rom with eNDryptS_Advanced_v1.2

jimmyemunoz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I still cannot get new games to run using the dual boot method, specifically sonic classic collection

I have a red happybox v1.4 R4 clone running latest 1.17b fw + 2gb card (the website on the label is www.r4isdhc.com), old games work fine

When I try and run sonic classic collection from the native fw I get error code 4

I don't have your flash cart but I do have the www-r4i-sdhc.com 3ds card and I've used Endrypts Advanced and the Sonic game plays fine. It might be the ROM you have. You need a clean Sonic Collection released by RFTD so include that in your google search and then use Endrypts on it and you will be good to go. PM me if you need any help. ;)

bearkilla

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

I don't have your flash cart but I do have the www-r4i-sdhc.com 3ds card and I've used Endrypts Advanced and the Sonic game plays fine. It might be the ROM you have. You need a clean Sonic Collection released by RFTD so include that in your google search and then use Endrypts on it and you will be good to go. PM me if you need any help. ;)

its a clean rom and has been verified with NDSCRC, i notice yu mentioned yours is from rfi-sdhc.com but mine is from r4ishdc.com, not sure if they are the same company.

Its not only Sonic, Michael Jackson experience does not boot either :(

Buleste

Old Fart
Trophies
Website
www.redbubble.com
XP
Country

its a clean rom and has been verified with NDSCRC, i notice yu mentioned yours is from rfi-sdhc.com but mine is from r4ishdc.com, not sure if they are the same company.

Its not only Sonic, Michael Jackson experience does not boot either :(
Use the files from the R4SDHC folder as a complete kernel replacement rather than the dual boot setup you have now.

bearkilla

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
ok i got this running on my red happybox by doing the following:

1. format card
2. copy over latest official firmware (R4iEnglishV1.17B)
3. copy over the r4sdhc folder from RetroGameFan Multi Cart Update v6.72 (without overwritiing files)
4. copy over RetroGameFan DAT Update v6.72 to TTMenu folder (overwriting files)
5. Boot into ysmenu with default.nds

All games give me 'Unsupported DLDI Name' even old ones like mario kart, these same nds files work perfect from the official firmware

Any ideas before I give up? I can't get it to run natively like suggested, I tried leaving the .dat as it was and renaming to r4.dat - both gave me blank screen

Buleste

Old Fart
Trophies
Website
www.redbubble.com
XP
Country
ok i got this running on my red happybox by doing the following:

1. format card
2. copy over latest official firmware (R4iEnglishV1.17B)
3. copy over the r4sdhc folder from RetroGameFan Multi Cart Update v6.72 (without overwritiing files)
4. copy over RetroGameFan DAT Update v6.72 to TTMenu folder (overwriting files)
5. Boot into ysmenu with default.nds

All games give me 'Unsupported DLDI Name' even old ones like mario kart, these same nds files work perfect from the official firmware

Any ideas before I give up? I can't get it to run natively like suggested, I tried leaving the .dat as it was and renaming to r4.dat - both gave me blank screen
Everything you need is in the R4SDHC folder including the install instructions. You DO NOT need the r4isdhc.com kernel. Just format the card, extract everything from the R4SDHC folder onto the card and plug the card into your flashcart and you should then be running RGF MultiCartUpdate. You do not need to load the old kernel and then run TTMenu.

If this works then you can update the DAT's if you need to.

Here are the full instructions as included in the R4SDHC folder.
Then format your microSD with the Panasonic SD Formatter and use these options :
FORMAT TYPE - FULL (Erase ON)
FORMAT SIZE ADJUSTMENT - ON

Then extract the files from new firmware and copy the following to your microSD :
_PATCH folder
_system_ folder
Games folder
TTMenu folder
_DS_MENU.DAT
_DS_MENU.INI
_DS_MENU.SYS
DEFAULT.nds
r4dldi.dat

Copy usrcheat.dat to TTMenu folder

Buleste

Old Fart
Trophies
Website
www.redbubble.com
XP
Country
If those files don't work then the best thing to do is get a new cart (having said that with a r4isdhc.com cart the best thing to do is always get a new cart whether it had worked or not). Try going to www.xpertron.co.uk and use the code 3rd to get 20% off and go for either a www.r4ids.cn or an acekard as they are the best low end carts you can get.

bearkilla

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
If those files don't work then the best thing to do is get a new cart (having said that with a r4isdhc.com cart the best thing to do is always get a new cart whether it had worked or not). Try going to www.xpertron.co.uk and use the code 3rd to get 20% off and go for either a www.r4ids.cn or an acekard as they are the best low end carts you can get.

ok thanks for your help

xuliko

Trophies
XP
Country
I have got to work the TTMENU in a r4isdhc.com happybox 1.17B firmware. How?
In the folder r4imenu there is a archive denominated "multimedia_path.ini
Open with the notepad and change it for :
TTMENU.NDS
Then, in the system, you choose media or multimedia (moonshell) and apprears ttmenu
Works the game, but the news don't work screen black or white... with the last update RETRO.

This information I have seen for youtube video and an user of this forum. I don't remind his name.

I hope that Retrogamefan see this message and a solution. I hope...
It works all games... I tested Layton the last specter spanish and Cooking Mama World: Outdoor Adventures
(patch and clean: white screen) I don't know why don't work...

Reactions: 1 person

bearkilla

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have got to work the TTMENU in a r4isdhc.com happybox 1.17B firmware. How?
In the folder r4imenu there is a archive denominated "multimedia_path.ini
Open with the notepad and change it for :
TTMENU.NDS
Then, in the system, you choose media or multimedia (moonshell) and apprears ttmenu
Works the game, but the news don't work screen black or white... with the last update RETRO.

This information I have seen for youtube video and an user of this forum. I don't remind his name.

I hope that Retrogamefan see this message and a solution. I hope...
It works all games... I tested Layton the last specter spanish and Cooking Mama World: Outdoor Adventures
(patch and clean: white screen) I don't know why don't work...

this method is just the same as booting ttmenu.nds from the game menu, I have got this far before but as you say I just get black or white screen on any new games

anyone got any ideas on this one? really don't want to buy a new card just to buy one game

jimmyemunoz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i tried this on my dstt i just get white screen
when i load a game
and i have formated 3 times
help
thanks for this
"TTMenu and ttpatch.dat have been updated, so you MUST replace these files.
Download and overwrite these files and all supported games will work. No more white screens. :)

bearkilla

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
i tried this on my dstt i just get white screen
when i load a game
and i have formated 3 times
help
thanks for this
"TTMenu and ttpatch.dat have been updated, so you MUST replace these files.
Download and overwrite these files and all supported games will work. No more white screens. :)

I'm using a clean copy of 6.72s DATs and still getting whitescreens

abaraxas

Trophies
XP
Country
all i know.. and all i can say is... i hadnt thought RGFs claims that faulty mem cards were the biggest issue for dstts were valid... yesterday i got me a 16 gig sandisk class 2 at radio shack for 15 bux... i put in 120 games... used to have only 30something on my 4 giger... i had NEVER seen my dsi run so perfect and EVERY game works... laytons london life wich used to white screen luminous arc 2 whichh used to black screen... SMT strange journeys intro runs without freezing... it ALL works... *perfectly* most issues really are a bad mem card.. sorry RGF i should listen to your advice instead of thinking i know best :P

bearkilla

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
all i know.. and all i can say is... i hadnt thought RGFs claims that faulty mem cards were the biggest issue for dstts... yesterday i got me a 16 gig sandisk class 2 at radio shack for 15 bux... i put in 120 games... used to have only 30something on my 4 giger... i had NEVER seen my dsi run so perfect and EVERY game works... laytons london life wich used to white screen luminous arc 2 whichh used to black screen... SMT strange journeys intro runs without freezing... it ALL works... *perfectly* most issues really are a bad mem card

ok will try and get hold of some different ones

bian

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Just want to ask, why when I always apply the new updates, it always makes the flashcart freezes when trying to load the game? Can someone please help me with this?

EDIT: Already fixed anyway.

Strife91

Trophies
XP
Country
Hey guys. I was wondering if this update work on R4 (NDSL/NDS). I currently use firmware 1.18, but Radiant Historia won't work on that firmware. So I was thinking if there's anything I could do to get the game running.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Fuck off spam bot.