1. ploggy

ploggy WAKA! WAKA!

United Kingdom
    Testing the new (09 jan) build has the same results as yesterday (with OzoneUI) :
    Startup Time - 17 Secs
    Gamestart Time - 11 Secs

But if I change to the Rgui UI:
    Startup Time - 9 Secs
    Gamestart Time - 3 Secs

FanNintendo, depaul and ShadowOne333 like this.
  2. MarioSilva

MarioSilva Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Brazil
    Wasn't the touch feature supposed to work since some builds ago? or is it limited to specific cores?

3. ploggy

ploggy WAKA! WAKA!

United Kingdom
    Strange, same here too. it used to work, havent tested in game tho only in the menu but it used to work in menu as well :P

4. Jay_Rose

Jay_Rose Member
    Newcomer

Canada
    I can't find a working download for retroarch playlist buddy. I've been looking for a bit. anyone have a link?

5. ploggy

ploggy WAKA! WAKA!

United Kingdom
    Jay_Rose likes this.
  6. Jay_Rose

Jay_Rose Member
    Newcomer

Canada
  7. MarioSilva

Newcomer

Brazil
    Anyone getting error 160-4205 when trying to run retroarch via homebrew launcher? (the home menu version works fine)

8. mive

mive GBAtemp Regular

Germany

Attached Files:

9. MarioSilva

Newcomer

Brazil
    I mean, most of the cores works very well on the wii u, the problem seems to be with code for the frontend, maybe they changed something during one of the recent nightlies, because the latest stable version doesn't have this problem (at least for me)

mive likes this.
  10. mive

mive GBAtemp Regular

Germany
    Port 1 Controls was set to Pro Controller
    Port 2 to Gamepad

Of course cant navigate the menu
    Plugging in keyboard to gain control over the freakin menu
    Went into menu controls and turned "Unified Menu Controls" on (stupid me really thought this would allow controlling the menu with every controller).
    Didnt work, of course.
    Lost menu control via keyboard and cant change any setting.
    rofl.

last somewhat decent version was the one that the "hb appstore" installs (1.8.9 / https://apps.fortheusers.org/wiiu/retroarch)

edit:
    you cant even power off with normal button press and have to hold it a few seconds and force power off. :lol:

Last edited by mive, Jan 11, 2021
  11. ploggy

ploggy WAKA! WAKA!

United Kingdom
    the retroarch.rpx is broken and has been for some time. your better off booting one of the emulator cores themselves from the HBL

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

If you ever get controller issues where you can no longer control the menu, you can delete/edit the retroarch.cfg

12. mive

mive GBAtemp Regular

Germany
    first of all, thanks for trying to help (@MarioSilva @ploggy)
    at least I could control the menu with the wiiu gamepad (after chaning input port devices via keyboard)
    but the only button that works on my wiiu pro controller is the menu button (after starting a core, pro controller changes to core input 1).
    So I'm finally done with retroarch (never really liked it anyway) and going back to standalone emulators on the pi (at least with them you dont have 2375 different settings) and use wii vc channel for neogeo games on the wiiu (not sure if I should laugh or cry or maybe both?). Sadly there aren't many standalone emulators for wiiu (like for wii)

thanks again for replying and trying to help.
    best regards

13. MarioSilva

Newcomer

Brazil
    I wish there was an option to run all libretro cores independently from the only frontend available on the wii u,
    As I said, most of the cores ported so far run very well on the console, the only problem is the frontend being buggy (and sometimes broken) after updates.

mive likes this.
  14. WildStriker101

Newcomer

Costa Rica
    In fact, the menu xmb run to 40/50 fps when they have much elements in screen (for example, when browsing in a playlist)
    Also the shaders not run correctly, retroarch not allow to have some plugin activate like hidtovpad or swapDRClite (for turn off the screen while play), some crashes to the load to core (for example, Arcades cores), etc...
    In general, the retroarch's versions for Wii U are one of the worst I've seen :gun:

mive likes this.
  15. mive

mive GBAtemp Regular

Germany
    + if you load content with (working) supergrafx core and afterward content with (working) pce_fast core, the chance is high that you'll crash the console.
    + if a crash occurs you have to pull the power cord/hold power button a few seconds instead of some exception handler which brings you at least back to homebrew channel/WiiU Menu

16. cugel

cugel Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    There's no reason for people to continue to use PCE Fast in 2020, the tg-16 is not a demanding system to emulate. I think you can use the SuperGrafx core to run tg-16 games, and if that doesn't work there's also Beetle PCE (not Fast) available.

17. MarioSilva

Newcomer

Brazil
    Beetle PCE has frame dips in some games that I tested, I personally use Beetle PCE Fast.

18. Nomado

Nomado Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Madagascar
    Hmmm, so that issue is still not fixed? Because I didn't want to start again, I stopped using Retroarch on my WiiU since last autumn. Hope they fix the controller issue soon.

19. ploggy

ploggy WAKA! WAKA!

United Kingdom
    After a bit of fiddling I managed to get a few Cores (Gun Games) to work with the the WiiU Touchscreen!

SNES - Snes9x Current:
    Enable Show Light Gun Settings (may need to restart the Core for the changes to take effect?) in Quick Menu/Options
    Set light Gun Mode to "Touchscreen" (you can also hide the Crosshair too if you wish)
    In Quick Menu/Controls/Port 2 Controls set Device Type to "SuperScope"

NES - FCEUmm:
    Set Zapper Mode to "Touchscreen" in Quick Menu/Options (you can also hide the Crosshair too if you wish)
    In Quick Menu/Controls/Port 2 Controls set Device Type to "Zapper"

Mega Drive - Genesis Plus GX:
    Set Light Gun Input to "Touchscreen" in Quick Menu/Options (you can also hide the Crosshair too if you wish)
    in Quick Menu/Port 2 Controls set Device Type to "MD Menacer"
    (I guess this will work for MegaCD and Master System too)

Mame 2003:
    I haven't been able to get mame2003 to work 100%, I can get shoot to work (tapping the Screen) and Crosshair to show and move but its WAY too sensitive, moving the Crosshair just a mm will cause it to fly from one end of the touchscreen to the other :P
    I've tried messing with the Input Settings both Analog Deadzone and Analog Sensitivity has no effect

Commodore Amiga - PUAE:
    Games don't work with the Touchscreen but the On screen keyboard does ;)

All in all I'd say Touchscreen DOES work fine for most Cores that have Gun Games.. Still it's strange that the Retroarch UI doesn't work with the Touchscreen when the Core seem to? Perhaps its disabled in the Makefile for some reason?

Last edited by ploggy, Jan 27, 2021
    depaul, willianholtz and MarioSilva like this.
  20. ploggy

ploggy WAKA! WAKA!

United Kingdom
    PUAE, Fixnes, Fixgb, Hatari and Dosbox has been re added to the Build bot ;)

depaul, Flame, hug0-a7x and 1 other person like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Retroarch,