Official Retroarch WiiU (wip.)

Discussion in 'Wii U - Homebrew' started by aliaspider, Nov 6, 2016.

1. CORE

CORE 3:16

Jul 15, 2018
    United Kingdom
    Shaders arent implemented yet?

2. the_randomizer

the_randomizer The Temp's official fox whisperer

GBAtemp Patron
    the_randomizer is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Apr 29, 2011
    United States
    Dr. Wahwee's castle
    Not officially, since we're required to use the Wii U SDK to compile them, distributing them is illegal :unsure: Thanks a lot, Nintendo.

One has to compile them using the SKD unfortunately, that's a pretty glaring oversight.

3. Moon164

Moon164 GBAtemp Regular

Nov 21, 2015
    Brazil
    Sorry, I'm kinda noob in here, is not there any way to run the Nintendo 64 and PSX in Retroarch?

I know that it is possible to run the Nintendo 64 via Inject in the Virtual Console and I also remember that I could play Crash 2 normally in an emulator for Wii and I think I can do the same on Wii U, so I have doubts if it is possible do the same in Retroarch

PS: Sorry for my english.

4. CORE

Jul 15, 2018
    United Kingdom
    You can try messing with these also checkout my Blog im researching it not finished or fully organized yet.
    https://gbatemp.net/blog/core.456945/

Wii64 or Not64 is your only other option I wish someone else would pick em up and add Gliden64 improvements from https://m64p.github.io/ This really does work well and plays anything you throw at it including RE2 and Rogue Squadron etc. The original Team of Wii64 or Not64 have done an awesoe job but cant do everything on their own just Peeps do have Lives.
    So their is indeed a PPC Dynarec to play with it just noone seems to want to play with it for the Wii U.

Last edited by CORE, Feb 20, 2019
    FanNintendo likes this.
  5. Moon164

Moon164 GBAtemp Regular

Nov 21, 2015
    Brazil
    Thanks for replying, I updated the RetroArch on my Wii U and downloaded the Core and appeared the core Beetle PSX, I was in doubt if it works or not

I understood about the issue of 64, thank you for explaining

now just a silly question, is it possible to play Sega CD games ?, I tried to run an iso of the Sonic CD but only took me to a black screen.

6. CORE

Jul 15, 2018
    United Kingdom
    Yes I think you can I have not tried though and 32X is not supported yet in case you wondering.

7. Moon164

Moon164 GBAtemp Regular

Nov 21, 2015
    Brazil
    Thanks, I still can not run the Sonic CD (it does not support .iso?) but I'm already downloading the game from another site to test

The Bettle PSX core did not work with either MegaMan X4 or Crash both in .bin

8. krueger96

krueger96 GBAtemp Regular

Dec 21, 2016
    Italy
    You should run the .cue file
    I played sega cd games on RA wii u, they work fine

9. Moon164

Moon164 GBAtemp Regular

Nov 21, 2015
    Brazil
    I did not know that
    the two European Sonic CD ROMs I downloaded came in .img and .iso, I think that's why it did not work.

10. krueger96

Dec 21, 2016
    Italy
    I see, that's not necessarily a bad format, it should still run but it could have problems playing the music tracks. Do you have the mega cd bioses?

11. Moon164

Moon164 GBAtemp Regular

Nov 21, 2015
    Brazil
    upload_2019-2-22_14-20-4.png
    I downloaded it again from another site, tried to run the .cue but gave the same error

A black screen with some things written in white, I tried loading the core and then loading the game, but it did not work.

Attached Files:

12. krueger96

Dec 21, 2016
    Italy
    Oh okay i got it, that happened to me when i was trying to load a famicom disk system game not realising i didn't have the correct bios, so you're very likely either missing the bios or it's not correctly named, here's where you need to put the bios files and how the mega cd bioses are supposed to be called:
    retroarch bios.png

Moon164 likes this.
  13. FanNintendo

FanNintendo GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Apr 16, 2018
    United States
    I cant find way to get my thumbnails working on retroarch after i set up Nintendo, Game Boy and Super Nintendo and there is no .lpl in playlist. what I need do to get thumbnails working? My Switch has no problem get thumbnails showing on retroarch.

14. dreamymario521

dreamymario521 GBAtemp Regular

Aug 21, 2018
    United Kingdom
    all of this is just so confusing. The cores, the XMB. I understand none of it. All I want to do is play Super Mario World on my Wii U without buying the virtual console. Could someone PLEASE help me do this in the most user friendly way possible?

15. FanNintendo

Apr 16, 2018
    United States
    — Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

I have updated the assets, databases, slang shaders and still no pic on down left boxarts

16. FanNintendo

Apr 16, 2018
    United States
    I tried to download playlist buddy and it will not let me download it because it says it have virus? Any help how to make thumbnails work with XML RetroArch? Thank you

17. CORE

Jul 15, 2018
    United Kingdom
    @dreamymario521

Cores = The Console Emulator that can load Roms.
    Roms = The Virtual Game from the Cartridge or Disc.

Core = SNES9X. ROM = Super Mario World.

XMB = The Visual Menu you select and Load your Cores and ROMs from.

There is plenty of Tutorials here https://gbatemp.net/forums/wii-u-tutorials.265/

18. FanNintendo

Apr 16, 2018
    United States
    huh? yeh funny thank you

19. FanNintendo

Apr 16, 2018
    United States
    All figured out I'm all set :P

20. FanNintendo