Official Retroarch WiiU (wip.)

Discussion in 'Wii U - Homebrew' started by aliaspider, Nov 6, 2016.

1. ratmandom

ratmandom GBAtemp Regular

Mar 22, 2018
    United Kingdom
    my icons still look the same hmm ?

2. ShadowOne333

ShadowOne333 GBAtemp Guru

Jan 17, 2013
    Mexico
    Be sure the directory for the assets is set correctly in Paths under Settings

Thirdeyechai likes this.
  3. creatosbr
    This message by creatosbr has been removed from public view by Chary, Jul 2, 2018, Reason: English only please.
    Jun 27, 2018
  4. ratmandom

Mar 22, 2018
    United Kingdom
    [QUOTE = "creatorsbr, post: 8095981, member: 348353"] my icons still look the same hmm? [/ QUOTE]

What's new in SD and without the retro retro SD / media / assets.zip path, just extract it, it will work [/ QUOTE]

thank you.

@creatosbr
    @ShadowOne333

where do I look on YouTube to find a good guide to the complete setup of retroarch(videos are best for me)?

this needs to be done.
    PS I love bezels "big fan of them"

5. creatosbr

creatosbr Member

Newcomer
    Apr 21, 2014
    Brazil
    Sorocaba, Brazil
    Anyone know how to format the pendrive for the wiiu recognize in the retroarch in paste?

ratmandom likes this.
  6. arquillos

arquillos Member

Newcomer
    Aug 28, 2012
    Still no audio/video filters?

7. ratmandom

Mar 22, 2018
    United Kingdom
    I guess you could format the drive/usb pen on the wii u like a hard drive.

you can only use one drive with a wii u.

then ftp over to the wii u what you want on the pen(FTP you can explore files).

I do not think there is a wii u file explorer https://gbatemp.net/threads/file-manager-wii-u.458513/

8. Maxbeta

Maxbeta GBAtemp Regular

Jul 20, 2014
    United States
    Are USB wired controllers a thing yet or no?

9. soniccomcisbr

soniccomcisbr GBAtemp Fan

Jul 27, 2014
    Brazil
    Fortaleza, Brazil
    Question: My games for ScummVm are all in a external HD, that I use on VWii ScummVm, but I dont know if is possible to make the WiiU core ready my USB. Normally, I use this same HD to play on retroarch cores for Turbo Duo games and Sega CD games, and even the PSP games on PPSSPP

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

If counts, I'm using Dualshock 3

10. CoinKillerL

CoinKillerL GBAtemp Regular

Jul 31, 2016
    Italy
    Tostarena
    How do i set a wallpaper? Images won't even open...

11. creatosbr

creatosbr Member

Newcomer
    Apr 21, 2014
    Brazil
    Sorocaba, Brazil
    set us retroarch controls like none, how to do to delete a configuration from the controls without it being by retroarch?

12. Radius4

Radius4 GBAtemp Fan

Sep 10, 2015
    Ecuador
    guess all of you moved to switch?

JacobM likes this.
  13. the_randomizer

the_randomizer The Temp's official fox whisperer

GBAtemp Patron
    the_randomizer is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Apr 29, 2011
    United States
    Dr. Wahwee's castle
    Not all of us, unfortunately, loading emulators isn't as user friendly on Switch.

ploggy, Radius4 and JacobM like this.
  14. ShadowOne333

ShadowOne333 GBAtemp Guru

Jan 17, 2013
    Mexico
    Not all, I still use my Wii U daily, while my Switch is still waiting for that sweet coldboot exploit alongside a sigpatched sysnand from boot.

Though I dare to say that RA Wii U has gone to halt because:
    1. RA Wii U has reached quite a comfortable, stable state.
    2. There hasn't been any development for it in homebrew stuff, this includes probable new cores (like PSX or N64)
    I know aliaspider did port PPSSPP to the Wii U, that one would do great as a RA core too, but PSX and N64 development will most likely be frozen on carbonite for ages, and the Wii U RA is already stable as it is.
    I know I still use it, I just haven't found anything odd or worth a post here about it :P

15. Radius4

Radius4 GBAtemp Fan

Sep 10, 2015
    Ecuador
    Honestly I don't even want to hack my switch.
    While homebrew is enticing due portability I have a faster portable already, and also I dislike how everyone is working into opening the floodgates to piracy.

While I do pirate old games, and pirated AAA games in the past, in the last few years I've realized that supporting the developers is important, mostly because I'm kind of a developer nowadays (even if the project I work at is free community support is the reason I keep going at it). Also I have such a huge backlog and so little time I really don't need to pirate :P

mightymuffy likes this.
  16. JacobM

JacobM GBAtemp Regular

Jun 16, 2017
    United States
    THIS! I still use my Wii U daily and RA has been incredibly stable for the Nintendo console emulators paired with nes/snes classic controllers. We all appreciate the hard work the devs poured into this port over the years to make the Wii U the most versatile Nintendo console. I'm sure plenty of us are ready to jump back into testing mode if the time ever comes for new features/cores! Thanks Radius, Aliaspider, gblues, and all others!

ploggy likes this.
  17. the_randomizer

GBAtemp Patron

Our Patreon
    Apr 29, 2011
    United States
    Dr. Wahwee's castle
    Yeah, I've kinda given up on the Wii U scene, devs simple have no interest in it anymore, N64 and PSX cores will never happen.

18. AmandaRose
    This message by AmandaRose has been removed from public view by linuxares, Jul 9, 2018, Reason: bickering.
    Jul 9, 2018
  19. the_randomizer
    This message by the_randomizer has been removed from public view by linuxares, Jul 9, 2018, Reason: bickering.
    Jul 9, 2018
  20. AmandaRose
    This message by AmandaRose has been removed from public view by linuxares, Jul 9, 2018, Reason: bickering.
    Jul 9, 2018
  21. the_randomizer
    This message by the_randomizer has been removed from public view by linuxares, Jul 9, 2018, Reason: bickering.
    Jul 9, 2018
  22. AmandaRose
    Jul 9, 2018
  23. Radius4

Radius4 GBAtemp Fan

Sep 10, 2015
    Ecuador
  24. the_randomizer

GBAtemp Patron

Our Patreon
    Apr 29, 2011
    United States
    Dr. Wahwee's castle
  25. ploggy

ploggy WAKA! WAKA!

Aug 29, 2007
    United Kingdom
    Nah still use my WiiU almost daily and I STILL hold out hope that we'll get our blessed PSX dynarec/core.
    I think things have gone silent here because there are no new features being announced specific to the WiiU port, the last thing I heard was some gblues under the hood stuff? :P
    I said it before my WiiU is basically my baby and will always be in rotation and next to my TV.

But I will plead one more time to the dev gods :P Please compile/port an N64/PS1 Core to WiiU, We were sooo close heh and the interest is very much still there.

26. pedro702

pedro702 GBAtemp Guru

Mar 3, 2014
    Portugal
    well n64 will never happen, no gx2 no video pluggins.

27. ploggy

ploggy WAKA! WAKA!

Aug 29, 2007
    United Kingdom
    While I agree its highly unlikely.. it's not impossible, someone could come out of the shadows and start porting one of the video plugins to GX2 (cup half full) :)