Homebrew Official Retroarch WiiU (wip.)

Davor

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ah thanks,

I have just lookup in the map Roms within archives with C64 games i have pulled down from No-Intro site..

I saw it when i have extracted the archive and the files that ends with .crt (would it be a Cartridge dump)

It might be a problem.
I seek to another files with a good extensions and not .crt

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Lenovo P2a42 met Tapatalk

Hello!

If you are downloading games again, I would suggest to download disk image files (d64) rather than tape image files (t64, tap), because tape image files are loading rather slow (my experience at least). I've read somewhere that there is a way to speed up loading times of tape image files, but it was easier for me to use d64 files instead.

Best regards,
Davor

Dirtydubya

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey yall. I hate to repeat questions that may have been asked but I didn't see anything when I did a search.

I guess this can be asked for several games, but, when I try to load The Main Event in Final Burn Alpha the screen turns black for a second then goes back to the retroarch menu. I don't know if I need to use a specific core for it, or if it just won't work on the Wii U Retroarch

Currently using Haxchi if that matters

Last edited by Dirtydubya,

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hey yall. I hate to repeat questions that may have been asked but I didn't see anything when I did a search.

I guess this can be asked for several games, but, when I try to load The Main Event in Final Burn Alpha the screen turns black for a second then goes back to the retroarch menu. I don't know if I need to use a specific core for it, or if it just won't work on the Wii U Retroarch

Currently using Haxchi if that matters
The game works perfectly using Mame 2003 with fba i get a dsi error and fba 2012 it also dsi errors. So use mame 2003 to play the game.

Reactions: Dirtydubya

Dirtydubya

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks, Marko. U da best.

Also, I haven't tested it since first installing retroarch earlier this year, but does WWF Wrestlefest work on the Wii U yet? Lol

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Thanks, Marko. U da best.

Also, I haven't tested it since first installing retroarch earlier this year, but does WWF Wrestlefest work on the Wii U yet? Lol
Same again it plays perfectly in mame 2002 but dsi errors with fba and fba 2012

Last edited by AmandaRose,
Trophies
Website
heyquark.com
XP
Country
Australia
It is possible to use the Wii Remote as a Zapper?
Possible, yes. Not currently implemented though; still teething through the touchscreen on the Gamepad; and we'd need better core support for pointer devices for it to be really useful.

rioray

Trophies
XP
Country
France
@cucholix
sorry for delay , I will do it as soon as i could fix my problem with retroarch!
I have used disc2app to dump some of my physical disc and then I have installed them to an usb device (after moving game data form nand to usb).
and now everything works fine except retroarch :cry:, and it only lead me to an 160-2203 error each time i boot up retroarch.

Reactions: ShadowOne333

alonzondavis

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I cant seem to get retro arch to work on wii u, i installed the channel forwarder, i put the files in my sd card with the master files and still nothing.

Would it be better to have injected wii vc as a boot.dol with the emultors to play roms? Or whats another way?

cucholix

00000780 00000438
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
@cucholix
sorry for delay , I will do it as soon as i could fix my problem with retroarch!
I have used disc2app to dump some of my physical disc and then I have installed them to an usb device (after moving game data form nand to usb).
and now everything works fine except retroarch :cry:, and it only lead me to an 160-2203 error each time i boot up retroarch.
mmmhh are you booting RA from HBL? You would try downloading your cores again from nightlies maybe they got corrupted?

cucholix

00000780 00000438
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Hum yes maybe i have an corrupted retroarch.rpx , as I just was able to load an core using wiiload.
You can also try the old trick to rename a due core for example "mgba_libretro.rpx" to "retroarch.rpx" and boot, or use the retroarch channel so you don't need retroarch.rpx

rioray

Trophies
XP
Country
France
You can also try the old trick to rename a due core for example "mgba_libretro.rpx" to "retroarch.rpx" and boot, or use the retroarch channel so you don't need retroarch.rpx

I've try with an old wii 2Go sdcard but got the same 160-2203 when launching retroarch.rpx.
I’ve also try to use and load retroarch.elf instead of retroarch.rpx but it always return to HBC with my 64go sdcard (although it works with the 2go one).
But finally the old trick did it! replacing retroarch.rpx with another core did it , and I’m able to swap core after.
BTW, I don't know why it just stop working fine , only after using disc2app/WupInstaller ...

here is the core for touch testing (touch works fine for me using 720p Viewport) if you can test with 1080p ...
https://filebin.net/sex7ps6ccrjti9kg

Also @ploggy i did a quick bad hack to circumvent the macresman crash (should not crash when adding game now) maybe that can fix also the sgi game.

edit: retroarch.elf works fine now after rebooting the wiiu ^_^

Last edited by rioray,

ploggy

WAKA! WAKA!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I've try with an old wii 2Go sdcard but got the same 160-2203 when launching retroarch.rpx.
I’ve also try to use and load retroarch.elf instead of retroarch.rpx but it always return to HBC with my 64go sdcard (although it works with the 2go one).
But finally the old trick did it! replacing retroarch.rpx with another core did it , and I’m able to swap core after.
BTW, I don't know why it just stop working fine , only after using disc2app/WupInstaller ...

here is the core for touch testing (touch works fine for me using 720p Viewport) if you can test with 1080p ...
https://filebin.net/sex7ps6ccrjti9kg

Also @ploggy i did a quick bad hack to circumvent the macresman crash (should not crash when adding game now) maybe that can fix also the sgi game.

Cool, is the fix in the next buildbot build? I'll try it out :)

rioray

Trophies
XP
Country
France
LOL I thought that link was just a Touch test app LOL
Thanks Mate.. I'll test now :P
hum no chance for me with KQ5 DOS french, it load without crash but nothing appear after the title screen (on pc a msgbox is showing up to ask if it's the fist time we play)
also I note bug using touch (I will swap with the quark one ,as I was using/testing video_driver_translate_coord_viewport_wrap)
but at least , sherlock lost files and inherit the earth seem to works fine .
nTNye12.jpg
VavsBJP.jpg

Reactions: lordelan

ploggy

WAKA! WAKA!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
@rioray The cursor seems off though, it matches in the top left corner but starts to miss align the further from that corner it moves.
In other news though, I don't know how/when it happened but the XMB Menu Colour Theme can now be changed!! Thats awesome!!

EDIT:
Setting the WiiU resolution to 720p fixes it though. :)

EDIT2: Both games work to a point.. They both boot up and get to their first screen but after that I cant get past those screens its as if the buttons dont work?

Last edited by ploggy,

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
@rioray The cursor seems off though, it matches in the top left corner but starts to miss align the further from that corner it moves.
In other news though, I don't know how/when it happened but the XMB Menu Colour Theme can now be changed!! Thats awesome!!

EDIT:
Setting the WiiU resolution to 720p fixes it though. :)

Looks like some value conversion mistake/oversight to me :P

Reactions: ploggy

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: you can't turn link into a femboy in tears of the kingdom