Retroarch Wii HID

Flame

Me > You
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
unless somebody has this version on they hard drive. its very unlikely you find this version because it being very old.

Reactions: SylverReZ

cereal_killer

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What do you need an older version for?
I don't need an older version, I need a modded HID version of RetroArch.

As you can see in the video, the guy uses a PS3 controller with no problems with this version and its says libretro wii retroarch hid in the menu. I have the same setup, the same controller connected in the same way and it doesn't work no matter what I do. I tried different versions of RetroArch, including a regular version 1.2.2 the latest version of it.

So, I assume the guy uses some special HID version of RetroArch which enables use of a PS3 controller. That's why Im looking for it.
Post automatically merged:

I already saw that folder and downloaded couple of old RetroArch versions from it, including RA-HEXAECO, but it doesn't have that special modded (or whatever) HID version of RetroArch.

My goal is to get my PS3 controller work with RetroArch Wii and it seems that it is the only version that makes a PS3 controller work with no problems.

unless somebody has this version on they hard drive. its very unlikely you find this version because it being very old.
That's exactly what Im hoping for

Last edited by cereal_killer,
Reactions: SylverReZ

SaulFabre

I like Yoshis and the Wii/Wii U scene.
Trophies
Website
saulfabreg-wiivc.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Ecuador
The guy who uploaded that thing is still active, so I sent him a message (i left a comment) in his video asking him if he still has that file and if so please reupload it.
Let's cross the fingers for get this reuploaded ;)

JuanMena

90's Kid, Old Skull Gamer & Artist
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Founf this: https://github.com/libretro/RetroArch/issues/7015

It seems it's not a modified version of RetroArch but an actual feature that was present in old versions of RetroArch-Wii.

So, if anyone can find 1.7.0 and earlier and owns PS3 controllers, test it with RA-Wii 1.7.0 and earlier.

EDIT: Scenebeta never fails to amaze me, they owns 1.7.0 versions and earlier: https://wii.scenebeta.com/noticia/retroarch-wii

EDIT: So I'm curios if anyone can see RetroArch-Wii code to see what went wrong with HID support being broken from 1.7.1 onwards and bring it back to newer versions? Could that be possible?

Last edited by JuanMena,

cereal_killer

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The guy who uploaded that thing is still active, so I sent him a message (i left a comment) in his video asking him if he still has that file and if so please reupload it.
Let's cross the fingers for get this reuploaded ;)
Yeah, I did the same (in english, don't know if he speaks it). Hopefully, he reuploads the file. Let me know if he answers you.

Founf this: https://github.com/libretro/RetroArch/issues/7015

It seems it's not a modified version of RetroArch but an actual feature that was present in old versions of RetroArch-Wii.

So, if anyone can find 1.7.0 and earlier and owns PS3 controllers, test it with RA-Wii 1.7.0 and earlier.

EDIT: Scenebeta never fails to amaze me, they owns 1.7.0 versions and earlier: https://wii.scenebeta.com/noticia/retroarch-wii

EDIT: So I'm curios if anyone can see RetroArch-Wii code to see what went wrong with HID support being broken from 1.7.1 onwards and bring it back to newer versions? Could that be possible?
I've seen that discussion. I tried several versions before 1.7.0.,including a regular version 1.2.2. My ps3 controller won't respond. So, i don't think its an actual feature. Moreover, the version in the video reads libretro retroarch wii hid in its title. So, I believe it is some sort of a mod that adds additional support for hid controllers or something.

Last edited by cereal_killer,

JuanMena

90's Kid, Old Skull Gamer & Artist
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Yeah, I did the same (in english, don't know if he speaks it). Hopefully, he reuploads the file. Let me know if he answers you.

I've seen that discussion. I tried several versions before 1.7.0.,including a regular version 1.2.2. My ps3 controller won't respond. So, i don't think its an actual feature. Moreover, the version in the video reads libretro retroarch wii hid in its title. So, I believe it is some sort of a mod that adds additional support for hid controllers or something.
It clearly said to use a configuration file. Have you got that configuration file?
File I'm talking is: "autoconfig assets" which means there's probably an .ini file to get HID controllers recognized.

cereal_killer

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It clearly said to use a configuration file. Have you got that configuration file?
File I'm talking is: "autoconfig assets" which means there's probably an .ini file to get HID controllers recognized.
Yeah, yeah, of course, I downloaded that autoconfig.zip archive with a bunch of controller .cfg files. I even checked and there was a ps3 controller .cfg file in the hid folder of that archive. Or you're talking about something else?

Flame

Me > You
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
what will you people do without me?

i had this crazy thought..

so i went to a dark place. where its too scary even for a bravest man like me. under my bed.

tumblr_63df4f81b48f260154d26dd4cda54b1d_3467d4dd_400.gif

got the box from under it. only a true, kind, brave man can open the box. me.

im kind.

cereal_killer

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: S3X