Homebrew RetroArch Switch

FanNintendo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
All 3 series of Cotton plus Guardian Force from arcade and Saturn now on Switch - Cotton ReBoot, 3 game pack in 1 - Cotton 2 (1997), Cotton Boomerang (1998) and Guardian Force (1998). is not remastered and it is orginal from Saturn and Cotton ReBoot is remastered from Turbo graphic pc-fx that is great with 60 fps I see more Saturn games are coming in Switch more. there is Virtua Racing available too!

Mowntana

Trophies
Website
2204355.com
XP
Country
Spain
Hi everyone.

Can we use DSP audio plugin with Retroarch in HOS? The Switch version comes without any dsp filter and if I try to use the dsp filters from the Windows release or Android it doesn't work. I have searched dsp audio filters for switch in google but I don't find anything...

HappehLemons

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lakka is only better if you play docked otherwise you will run into vsync issues and no it won't get you banned using it
Is this your experience? I actually have more problems in docked vs undocked. Games jitter much more + I get awful screen tearing. It's almost as if it's trying to force my games to run in 30hz 4k even though I changed my config to run in 720p

Garuda357

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
I have a question I hope can be answered in this thread, does the PSX emulation on switch using Retroarch has something related to increasing native resolution? I am not very knowledgeable about the subject. I know it is possible to launch android and emulators throught that, but if possible I'd like not to go that route.

deathblade200

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a question I hope can be answered in this thread, does the PSX emulation on switch using Retroarch has something related to increasing native resolution? I am not very knowledgeable about the subject. I know it is possible to launch android and emulators throught that, but if possible I'd like not to go that route.
in the homebrew version no you need lakka for that

nWo

The Game Master
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Mexico
I have used retroarch for years without issue. But today I tried launching an N64 game and then, it says "no cores available" even when I know they are there. After that, tried the same with PS1 games and the same. What's going on? I have never ever encountered that issue before. Already deleted the retroarch.cfg file to no avail.

Oddly enough, if I click on the "history" list, they load no problem.

Please hope somebody could shine some light about this strange issue. Thanks.

bad361

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
I have used retroarch for years without issue. But today I tried launching an N64 game and then, it says "no cores available" even when I know they are there. After that, tried the same with PS1 games and the same. What's going on? I have never ever encountered that issue before. Already deleted the retroarch.cfg file to no avail.

Oddly enough, if I click on the "history" list, they load no problem.

Please hope somebody could shine some light about this strange issue. Thanks.
Maybe something with your playlists? How do you launch your games? Sounds like an sd corruption issue.

nWo

The Game Master
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Mexico
Maybe something with your playlists? How do you launch your games? Sounds like an sd corruption issue.
I don´t use playlists. I enter the homebrew launcher via title override, then select retroarch, then navigate to my roms folder, launch them, select core and that's it. I have a couple of games that have a forwarder on the menu, they open up just fine. But manually, the cores do not appear. I don't know why, never happened in years.

Jeromy22

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Does anyone know how long it takes to generate an htc file from PNGs for Mupen64plus next? Can it handle 1gig? Or does it just take forever? Idk if 20 mins on a black screen means retroarch has choked or wait some more time.
*Edit, i noticed aswell for some of the larger texture packs on mupen, if they are created using zip it will run with stutters, uncompressed runs smoothly for while but will then crash. Is their something inbetween when compressing the png zip files?

Last edited by Jeromy22,

Jeromy22

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Does the Mupen64plus-Next core have an option of Swapframebuffer Mode? Eg
On VI refresh Update/ VI Origin Update? I cant find the option on the PC core either.
It seems odd not having it, when you can change the VI refresh rate.
Would be good to know the default aswell.

Rahkeesh

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not sure how long it's been there but there's a great scaling option now: integer overscale. When docked at 1080p, this opens up the much-vaunted 5x cut option. Looks really good with any CRT shader (like royale-fake bloom), delivering perfectly scaled scanlines, more zoom/resolution for those CRT shaders to work on, filling more of the 16:9 screen, and rarely is any critical information lost because most systems assumed that area is lost in the overscan of consumer CRTs. Give it a try if you haven't.

FanNintendo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it better?
I'd prefer to have it all in RetroArch as I'm used to it, but if standalone version performs better...
standalone act best than on Retroarch also there will be more standalone emulators coming. MelonDS does best on standalone also Flycast Standalone will soon coming

mspy

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
It's either that or get an outdated core
What standalone version are you referring to?
Latest I've found is this one posted here https://gbatemp.net/threads/ppsspp-switch-standalone-beta.544071/page-29#post-9503166

Coincidently it appears it has the same date as the latest RetroArch core posted by m4xw https://gbatemp.net/threads/ppsspp-switch-beta-release.535468/page-56#post-9503167

Both of these are half a year old and I'm not sure if one is more updated than the other or if there are any newer versions.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: How are you @AncientBoi :tpi: :tpi: :tpi: :tpi: :tpi: