Homebrew RetroArch Switch

linkstan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Any tips on how to improve stability, performance, audio issues? Are there settings to select which doesn’t come already selected by default? Thanks

bad361

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
Any tips on how to improve stability, performance, audio issues? Are there settings to select which doesn’t come already selected by default? Thanks
Yeah, there's actually a secret plugin with the magic slider to improve performance for everything, jk. Your only options are overclocking, res scale if it exists in core options and some other core specific settings, idk.. But OC will give you the most significant gain in performance you can get. If OC doesn't help in any way, then this game just performs poorly on switch. Almost every core defaults are configured for your best needs.

linkstan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, there's actually a secret plugin with the magic slider to improve performance for everything, jk. Your only options are overclocking, res scale if it exists in core options and some other core specific settings, idk.. But OC will give you the most significant gain in performance you can get. If OC doesn't help in any way, then this game just performs poorly on switch. Almost every core defaults are configured for your best needs.

not sure how to activate it but if i do play around with it does it reset every time i close retro? Can i brick my system playing with those types of options?

Jayinem81

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
defeats the whole purpose of installing it:P

If you want to play XCIs on an external hard drive for example you have to buy SX OS.

But I really don't understand why you're asking these type of questions in the Retroarch Switch thread which has nothing to do at all with XCIs.

bad361

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
I cant seem to search the thread, but is there a working "forwarder" or tile nsp for retroarch that works without issues?
Forwarders and nsp's are not supported in any way, you can still make your own forwarder to .nro but don't report any issues while using it since its not supported. The only supported way is using RA with title redirection.

Reactions: jimlaman8

MaterTip

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hello i got 2 mod switches one i let my brother use says just use them for retroarch he says his been running good(both playing paper mario 64) but mine when i play runs anywhere from 5-30 min and will freeze everything, but i can press switch home button and close and restart, which is really annoying and in game save even before freeze end up wiped as well.

Jayinem81

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hello i got 2 mod switches one i let my brother use says just use them for retroarch he says his been running good(both playing paper mario 64) but mine when i play runs anywhere from 5-30 min and will freeze everything, but i can press switch home button and close and restart, which is really annoying and in game save even before freeze end up wiped as well.

Is your sd card formatted to Fat32 or Exfat? Are you using title redirect? (Hold R on a Switch game) to access Retroarch?

MaterTip

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yea both sd cards are the same fat32 both use title redirect

just happened to me again on my switch 20 min into play put on pause went to bathroom came back and it was froze.. (my brother leaves the other switch running paper mario running all day in and out between sleep mode never froze he says)

Last edited by MaterTip,

Jayinem81

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's most likely an issue with the sd card may just need to be formatted again. I recommend to copy all files to your computer, reformat to Fat32 again, copy all files back and retry.

It's either that or some setting in Retroarch causing it, so you could also try deleting Retroarch.cfg in your Retroarch directory. You might want to try this first since it's faster and easier.

jimlaman8

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Any tips for getting n64 performance to be a bit better, its not bad for a few moments then it starts to get laggy or at least maybe the audio lags, unsure, but the audio breaks up (tried mario tennis)?

D

Deleted User

Any tips for getting n64 performance to be a bit better, its not bad for a few moments then it starts to get laggy or at least maybe the audio lags, unsure, but the audio breaks up (tried mario tennis)?

Try the overclock setting in the first column.

Reactions: jimlaman8

snoofly

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Anyone tried building Retroarch lately?

I'm getting multiple errors like
/opt/devkitpro/devkitA64/lib/gcc/aarch64-none-elf/10.1.0/../../../../aarch64-none-elf/bin/ld: cannot find -llzma
opt/devkitpro/devkitA64/lib/gcc/aarch64-none-elf/10.1.0/../../../../aarch64-none-elf/bin/ld: cannot find -lswresample
/opt/devkitpro/devkitA64/lib/gcc/aarch64-none-elf/10.1.0/../../../../aarch64-none-elf/bin/ld: cannot find -lavformat
/opt/devkitpro/devkitA64/lib/gcc/aarch64-none-elf/10.1.0/../../../../aarch64-none-elf/bin/ld: cannot find -lavcodec
/opt/devkitpro/devkitA64/lib/gcc/aarch64-none-elf/10.1.0/../../../../aarch64-none-elf/bin/ld: cannot find -lavutil
/opt/devkitpro/devkitA64/lib/gcc/aarch64-none-elf/10.1.0/../../../../aarch64-none-elf/bin/ld: cannot find -lswscale
/opt/devkitpro/devkitA64/lib/gcc/aarch64-none-elf/10.1.0/../../../../aarch64-none-elf/bin/ld: cannot find -lvpx
/opt/devkitpro/devkitA64/lib/gcc/aarch64-none-elf/10.1.0/../../../../aarch64-none-elf/bin/ld: cannot find -lopus
when trying to link the retroarch elf.

Never had this issue before and have ensured to install ffmpeg library and latest switch-dev, libnx, devkitpto toolchain etc

Thanks for any help..

jimlaman8

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone else use the c64 emulator in retroarch, i cant seem to get things working when i load a rom, it will either stick at the load *, 8 screen or wont let you past the splash screen despite trying the onscreen keyboard?

Detroitguy22

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can any one pls test if perfect da rk crash for them when start a conbat simulater game???
Happens every single time it s the only n64 game I want I want to play these

Help @m4xw ?

D

Deleted User

Any idea why the PS1 emulator cause a system crash when trying to launch a game? Im trying to play Legend of Dragoon

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I really didn't like playing online against other people always felt like I was being matched...