Country
Spain
zQZaV5A.jpeg

yes, save the game!

D

Deleted User

Did you modify RetroArch for Saves to work

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

:lol:- Post of the day for me! (EDIT: Though it does state PSXCPU in the pic so I can understand your confusion. Sorry!)
Sorry pal, that's the arcade version of Tekken 3, not the PS1 version...;)

Still the psx core is used Inside mame i am Working on the psx Emulator

SylasMc

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did you modify RetroArch for Saves to work

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Still the psx core is used Inside mame i am Working on the psx Emulator

PSX won't work without jit working and maybe not even then.

Last edited by SylasMc,

Loke

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
After quite some errors i got chrono trigger to run and played for some time, but before i was able to save the emulator crashed and gave me an error.
The sound and speed was really nice though

Reactions: untok and Masterwin

untok

Trophies
Website
romumaailma.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Finland

DarkOrb

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Try mGBA.

I don't think mGBA has a switch target yet.

hmm dunno but maybe its needed make switch folder before make command just guess.

I don't think this is the case. I think Gearboy doesn't have a Switch rule (instruction how to compile Gearboy so it's useable on the Switch) yet so that might be the issue.

Too bad VBAnext doesn't support GB/GBC roms yet.

Last edited by DarkOrb,

Loke

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Ok, so i tested Mario RPG with the latest build as Chrono Trigger takes forever to get to the first check point.
The pause button didn't work for mario RPG, Sound and video was as good as Chrono Trigger, some small graphical errors but nothing permanent.
I saved at the first save block on 2 slots, but after i rebooted the console (had to do a hard reboot since the console crashed), the saves are gone.
I haven't tried it yet with sleep mode, but with the instability of the latest build, it's not quite convenient to use.

machinoman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My Mario RPG saves fine. Here are the steps I took:
1. Go to Settings/Directory/Savefile set the directory where the rom is located.
2. Play the game and save.
3. Press + and - buttons simultaneously to bring up the Quick Menu. This triggers the save file to be created.
4. Restart the device.
5. Go to Settings/Directory/Savefile set the directory where the rom is located again.
6. Play the game, save should show.

IMG_0027.png

Last edited by machinoman,

Loke

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I'll try and edit this post.
Edit: Ok, I tried again and saved at the first and last slot again, now with the same specified to the roms folder. I did all the steps as you said and was NOT able to load the saves.
When i set the folder it said nothing in the folder was found, so no savegame. I quit trying as the rom would not load up anymore. I played till the save block, saved, restarted and after launching the game in retro arch it will give me an error. I tried for half an hour but got nothing but crashes and errors sadly.

Last edited by Loke,

machinoman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'll try and edit this post.
Edit: Ok, I tried again and saved at the first and last slot again, now with the same specified to the roms folder. I did all the steps as you said and was NOT able to load the saves.
When i set the folder it said nothing in the folder was found, so no savegame. I quit trying as the rom would not load up anymore. I played till the save block, saved, restarted and after launching the game in retro arch it will give me an error. I tried for half an hour but got nothing but crashes and errors sadly.

It showing "no file" in the games directory is expected. Select "use this directory". As for my steps, I just retested using Earthbound and ran into the same issue of the save not sticking. I replayed the whole first part of the game again and saved again, this time opening the Retroarch Menu after saving/ before turning off my console. I imagine this triggers the actual rom to be saved. This seems to be important, so I added it to my steps above, but I'm going to test another game now to be sure.

Edit: Tested successfully again on Zelda 3. Saving alone doesn't count, after saving press + and - to open the Quick Menu. This is what triggers the actual save files to be created. Then you can turn off the system safely.

leonmagnus99

Trophies
XP
Country
Iraq
hey guys, i have not put homebrew launcher on my switch yet.

where do i place the vba next nro into, and the roms ?

do i need to create a folder titled Switch in the root of my mSD ?
then nro in the root of Switch folder ? and for roms can i just make a folder titled GBA and place the roms in there?
thx in advance.

Loke

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
It showing "no file" in the Savefile directory is expected. Select "use this directory". As for my steps, I just retested using Earthbound and ran into the same issue of the save not sticking. I replayed the whole first part of the game again and saved again, this time closing out of Retroarch using the plus and minus buttons to "Close Content" after saving, but before turning off my console. I imagine this triggers the actual rom to be saved. This seems to work for me, but I'm going to test another game now to be sure.

I think I need to wait for a more stable release as the only thing i'm able to get are crashes. I tried many times but the rom just won't load anymore for some reason.

machinoman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hey guys, i have not put homebrew launcher on my switch yet.

where do i place the vba next nro into, and the roms ?

do i need to create a folder titled Switch in the root of my mSD ?
then nro in the root of Switch folder ? and for roms can i just make a folder titled GBA and place the roms in there?
thx in advance.
i just set mine up today. i have the homebrew launcher nro (2.0) on the root of the sd card.
You will also need a folder named switch in the root of the sd, all lowercase. inside it, put the vba next nro.
The games you can put anywhere. All in one folder is best so you can use the same path for Savefile.

Reactions: leonmagnus99

leonmagnus99

Trophies
XP
Country
Iraq
i just set mine up today. i have the homebrew launcher nro (2.0) on the root of the sd card.
You will also need a folder named switch in the root of the sd, all lowercase. inside it, put the vba next nro.
The games you can put anywhere. All in one folder is best so you can use the same path for Savefile.
gotcha bro, thank you.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I think the Mister is cool and all, but honestly I have seen some video's exploring the...