Homebrew RetroArch Switch

cucholix

00000780 00000438
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
ok now works! but retroarch games are still crashing! maybe is that im using shaders like xbrz! thanks thats all!
My NeoGeo games also crash randomly, try loading a NeoGeo game in a single hbl session, example not loading any other game when you enter to hbl the first time.

lordelan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
lol !!! you're absolutely right !!!
I'm stupid.
but ... why redirect is apparently correct ?
all homebrew works.
It's because of the more RAM usage. Not many homebrews (that you consider working) need it but RetroArch, at least the Mupen core is one of them.

Also putting in the title ID of the album applet won't help you as it doesn't have the RAM access that other installed (!) titles have.
Just use Pokémon Quest or an installed version of Zelda or anything else.

cucholix

00000780 00000438
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
It's because of the more RAM usage. Not many homebrews (that you consider working) need it but RetroArch, at least the Mupen core is one of them.

Also putting in the title ID of the album applet won't help you as it doesn't have the RAM access that other installed (!) titles have.
Just use Pokémon Quest or an installed version of Zelda or anything else.
I wonder if depending on the title there's a RAM range limit, I example use HULU because Pokémon Quest is way bigger in size.

lordelan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I wonder if depending on the title there's a RAM range limit, I example use HULU because Pokémon Quest is way bigger in size.
Hmm good question. But since it's only holding R while launching to get into HBL what's even the point in using a small app?
Or is it a general fact, that you don't want too big titles/games to be installed? :P

cucholix

00000780 00000438
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Hmm good question. But since it's only holding R while launching to get into HBL what's even the point in using a small app?
Or is it a general fact, that you don't want too big titles/games to be installed? :P
mmmh I found that when you hold R once to enter hbl the next time you boot it will launch hbl by default (no held button needed).

D

Deleted-351540

mmmh I found that when you hold R once to enter hbl the next time you boot it will launch hbl by default (no held button needed).
Something is wrong on your end. This does not happen for me.

For me, I'd just rather not use a title/game that I'm going to play regularly. So I use a small game (~130Mb) and use it only for homebrew access. I wish there was a secondary way to open the homebrew menu, even if it doesn't have full RAM. Just in case something goes horribly wrong.

m4xw

Ancient Deity
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
For me, I'd just rather not use a title/game that I'm going to play regularly. So I use a small game (~130Mb) and use it only for homebrew access. I wish there was a secondary way to open the homebrew menu, even if it doesn't have full RAM. Just in case something goes horribly wrong.
You can just copy hbl.nsp to /atmosphere/titles/<photoviewer (album) tid>/exefs.nsp and have both

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    rqkaiju2 @ rqkaiju2: istg if lose another game of minesweeper