Homebrew RetroArch Switch

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sounds like a good promise.
Obviously I will no longer update in this case.

I'm pretty excited about Retroarch's future.

The caveat is that Nintendo has to patch some things in order for the exploit to be released (supposedly), so it'd be a real shame if someone were to "accidentally" leak the info to Nintendo. Why? So the release of the exploit will
come faster :creep:

notimp

Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
Phoenix Wright, here I come... :)

Question: Does the Retroarch Core we see in the image allow for different DS screen positioning (Large and small screen, switch via button combo)?

Fadi5555

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Today was a fun Day , Many users worked to get C++ to work and now it works just fine in alot of cases , we also got Emulators like Fbalpha to work slow but they work , now whats missing is JIT Support and the GPU Drivers but if Daeken can fix the Linux4Tegra source that should come very soon.

This is amazing news.
I just hope after getting JIT & gpu driveres two amazing cores:
1-ppsspp
2-dolphin

cots

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not really all that excited considering how awful Retroarch is for 3DS and n3DS. But maybe they'll actually put an effort into this one?

Same. I wish they would work on proper support for the 3DS instead of just releasing builds that don't work.

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Same. I wish they would work on proper support for the 3DS instead of just releasing builds that don't work.

If you're going to say that, at least say that to the devs' face:rolleyes:. Would like to see you guys do any better with the weak-ass CPU and GPU of the 3DS. The 3DS and N3DS are clearly too weak for RetroArch.

cots

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you're going to say that, at least say that to the devs' face:rolleyes:. Would like to see you guys do any better with the weak-ass CPU and GPU of the 3DS. The 3DS and N3DS are clearly too weak for RetroArch.

The emulation works pretty well on N3DS if you can get into it; the menu system is horrible and crashes all of the time.

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The emulation works pretty well on N3DS if you can get into it; the menu system is horrible and crashes all of the time.

What do you expect with the N3DS having so little system memory to work with, functional XMB? There's nothing that could be done with that GUI, it is what it is; the 3DS is just weaker hardware. If people have suggestions on how to make it better, they're more than welcome to. Sounds bloody close to ingratitude of the work and effort and shit RA team has to put up everyday; people should be lucky it runs on 3DS and N3DS at all.

Last edited by the_randomizer,

cots

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What do you expect with the N3DS having so little system memory to work with, functional XMB? There's nothing that could be done with that GUI, it is what it is; the 3DS is just weaker hardware. If people have suggestions on how to make it better, they're more than welcome to. Sounds bloody close to ingratitude of the work and effort and shit RA team has to put up everyday.

The menu system would work fine if the bugs were worked out. The N3DS is powerful enough to run it. It runs sometimes without crashing and the speed is good so I doubt it's the N3DS fault. Just shitty coding.

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The menu system would work fine if the bugs were worked out. The N3DS is powerful enough to run it. It runs sometimes without crashing and the speed is good so I doubt it's the N3DS fault. Just shitty coding.

Then what's stopping people from filing a report on GitHub and tell them what's wrong? The 3DS port isn't going to magically fix itself if people can't be arsed to report the issues. Am I going to have to make a tutorial on how to make GitHub reports or what? Do people even consider how swamped the RA team is when people are swamping them with complaints about stability ad nauseum?

Anyways, I digress. I look forward to the Switch port.

Last edited by the_randomizer,

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
OP
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
With luck we might see GPU Drivers for the switch sooner than the HBL from Plutoo.

we may still not have Jit but trust me with GPU we will reach a big boost
Oh my, are you guys working on GPU drivers already?!
Holy damn, Christmas might have been shit but the delayed gifts of this magnitude will surely make up for it xD

Last edited by ShadowOne333,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6igvB1yR04A