RetroArch SNES save problems

Discussion in 'Wii - Emulation and Homebrew' started by regnad, May 11, 2016.

1. regnad
    OP

regnad Button Masher

May 19, 2008
    I'm using the latest stable build, and I can't seem to save on both Snes9x and Snes9x (Next). In addition, Snes9x also crashes when I try to do a save state, although Snes9x does not.

Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

2. soniccomcisbr

soniccomcisbr GBAtemp Fan

Jul 27, 2014
    Brazil
    Fortaleza, Brazil
    You tried the other snes emulators? catsfc its a snes emulator.
    On Snes9xnext, when I was playing Sailor Moon Another Story, I noticed the save was not loaded, then, I load other game, and then, load sailor moon another story again. When I did that, the Sailor Moon save was loaded :v

3. MaeseJesus

MaeseJesus GBAtemp Regular

Apr 3, 2013
    I'm so lost with Retroarch updates (Between no changelog for Wii, and the different comments about them) that I couldn't say much besides, it may be a problem with the cores themselves and not something you did wrong, as there are cores with problems and others simply doesn't work.

The only advice I can give you without blind assumptions is that if you find that annoying, go look for Retroarch 1.0.0.2 which was a much more stable version (And the one I still use to play). There was a updated 1.0.0.2 version in this forum.

https://gbatemp.net/threads/retroarch-unofficial-extra-cores.405410/page-3#post-5874339

4. soniccomcisbr

soniccomcisbr GBAtemp Fan

Jul 27, 2014
    Brazil
    Fortaleza, Brazil
    I just tested the most recent version (nightly) and is working fine