Homebrew retroarch picodrive problem

fenderjaguar

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I am using a new 3DS with A9LH and 11.3.0-36E. When I use picodrive, I think there is some kind of vsync issue, as I see tearing, but only in the top 5% of the screen. I am using the latest nightly version and have used various others.

Does anyone know how to solve this? Also, I try using Genesis plus GX, but it's sometimes stuttering and alsmost like a horizontal and vertical tearing of some sorft, unless you play around bringing the menu up and cancelling it.

BL4Z3D247

GBAtemp Stoner
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am using a new 3DS with A9LH and 11.3.0-36E. When I use picodrive, I think there is some kind of vsync issue, as I see tearing, but only in the top 5% of the screen. I am using the latest nightly version and have used various others.

Does anyone know how to solve this? Also, I try using Genesis plus GX, but it's sometimes stuttering and alsmost like a horizontal and vertical tearing of some sorft, unless you play around bringing the menu up and cancelling it.
Try setting "Frame delay" to "1".

Reactions: fenderjaguar

kristianity77

GBATemp old fogey
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Where is the option to have frame delay 1? Is this only in the full retroarch release? I m using picodrive that I downloaded through FBI titles list and can't see any options like this.

fenderjaguar

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Where is the option to have frame delay 1? Is this only in the full retroarch release? I m using picodrive that I downloaded through FBI titles list and can't see any options like this.

Yeah, I'm using the retroarch wrapper, I think is what it is.

I didn't think you could run this under anything else? Go to the middle cog icon > video > frame delay is at the bottom of the list.

Funnily enough, I notice that "0" (the default) on O3DS is fine. But N3DS seems to need that setting on 1

Last edited by fenderjaguar,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: For example, one of my other favorite songs from them, with some massive house music influence - +1