Homebrew Question Retroarch controllers not recognized

chaleman

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi guys... I posted this inside the retroarch topic but still haven't figured out a solution...

so I bought the HORI Nintendo Switch Split Pad Pro controller (https://www.amazon.com/Nintendo-Switch-Machina-Ergonomic-Controller-Handheld/dp/B07T5QKKVP) and it works great on the switch... but the problem is... I load retroarch (1.8) and navigate great in the menus, but when I go to play any emulated game, the joystick is not recognized. The only thing I can do is press HOME and backout. I even rebinded succesfully the joystick in the Retroarch menus before running the game and the same thing happens... It works perfectly with the original joycons (which are safely stored far away from the switch itself).

again, I made sure the joycons were off... then, went to the controller menu and unpaired them.. then I deleted retroarch.cfg and started up retroarch again.. same results... everything works in the menus, I'm able to bind the Split Pad Pro controller, and then nothing.. when starting any game in emulation the only buttons that work are the "screenshot" and "home" buttons...

when I start a game in retroarch I get a message in the bottom of the screen in yellow that reads "100% Switch controller configured in port #0".. then the "0" changes to 2, 1, 5, 4, 7, 6, 3, and then the message disappears and I can only touch the "home" button to go to the Switch main menu...

Any ideas what I can do to solve this? these controllers are great for everything else! Thanks,

Chale

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @BigOnYa, I'll rip a bag off my Volcano to that, brother
    +2
  • a_username_that_is_cool @ a_username_that_is_cool:
    DDDS . Dual Developer Dedede System :)
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    also happy birthday @Xdqwerty
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Is it me you're looking for?
  • MysticStarlight @ MysticStarlight:
    'Cause I wonder where you are
    wait I got the lyrics mixed up
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    And I wonder what you do...Lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Its all good, I'm here to talk to you.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Hello
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I've been playing fallout4 all day, I went into a elevator and it kept going, never stopped, waited 5 minutes, must of been a bug. How bout you, whatcha do today?
    +1
    I'm wondering why a stray tuxedo cat has a cloudy eye
    I've been playing TOTK all day also
    +1
    Oh you reminded me of those elevator nightmares
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Awesome game, fun how they force you to build, but you can build as you want
    It is super fun, I actually prefer it over BoTW
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    The guy holding the sign always cracked me up, esp when you fail, and it falls
    Ah yes, that guy lol. I still need to find all his signs. The game has a lot to do though so I don't know what to finish first
    I'm 120 hours in and am still like 44.4% done
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Good times. Building is starting to get good around now for you. You making me want to make run thru again.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Ok good chatting, enjoy your gaming, and avoid the lightning, or put your sword away. Good night.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    All I gotta do is not spend $10 in the next 5 days and I'll break even this month lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa, tell your wife not to forget her wallet
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: @BigOnYa, tell your wife not to forget her wallet