Homebrew Retroachievements on the Old 3DS?

TindalosKP

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Costa Rica
So, lurking again in the webz, I find out that Retroachievements supports 3DS, but what pisses me off is that it doesn't say which one... I kind of hate they assume we all have the New3DS instead of the Old (Which I have)...

So how it is? Does it work on the Old 3DS as well? If not, could somebody tell them to have the decency of adding just the "New 3DS" variant to the compatibility section instead of giving false hopes to someone? I haven't installed it myself, but I remembered when 3DS wasn't supported before.

Thank you.

Moon164

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I also hate it a lot when they don't specify whether it works on all 3DS models or just the New.

My PC doesn't read SD Card and my USB adapter is about to break, so it's pretty frustrating when I finally get it working, I put the .cia to install on my 3DS only to find it only works for the New.

About Retroachivements, it doesn't work well on Wii U anymore, I don't think it would work well on the Old 3DS either (or even the New 3DS to be honest), but i can't confirm this.

ChiefReginod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I haven't had any luck getting achievements to work on anything except for PC. There's almost no chance it will work on O3DS. Just because the option is there in the menu doesn't mean it will work, unfortunately.

MrHuu

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Figuring out how to add network functionality to retroarch for 3ds already took me long enough.
It's not assumed everyone has a new3ds but i'm simply not going to test stuff on multiple machines.
It's assumed to be functional for the '3ds' family.

Just test it out for yourself, and let the developers know if it does not work. It's a community driven project.

I can't think of a reason why it wouldn't work tho.
Old3ds may be a bit slower when communicating with the retroachievements server resulting in more slowdown upon earning an achievement.

TindalosKP

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Costa Rica
I also hate it a lot when they don't specify whether it works on all 3DS models or just the New.

My PC doesn't read SD Card and my USB adapter is about to break, so it's pretty frustrating when I finally get it working, I put the .cia to install on my 3DS only to find it only works for the New.

About Retroachivements, it doesn't work well on Wii U anymore, I don't think it would work well on the Old 3DS either (or even the New 3DS to be honest), but i can't confirm this.

Got a smartphone? Try this! (Unless this was your method since then, given the chance you say your USB adapter is dying)

You can use your phone as a mini-SD reader, it's a long process, but it should work as intended.

Open your SIM/Mini-SD tray by using the little tool to do so (Even an earring works as well).

Place the mini-SD in, then put the tray inside the phone again.

Plug the phone via USB with your charger cable.

Put the files you want in the SD (Games, mods, updates, etc).

Disconnect your phone from the PC and open the SIM/Mini-SD tray again to extract the miniSD from it.

Put the MiniSD in your SD and place it back onto the 3DS.

That's it! Hope this helps, even if your USB is dying.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Not a big fan of NES kid Icarus either... I know it was popular but I didn't care for it.