retro game fan scrolling

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by Peter1014ever (N, May 19, 2011.

May 19, 2011
  1. Peter1014ever (N
    OP

Newcomer Peter1014ever (N Member

Canada
    i use a fake ttds but i used your ttds firmware 6.59 but when im scrolling it takes so long [​IMG] please help

2. jurassicplayer

Member jurassicplayer Completionist Themer

United States
    Stop using the DSTT firmware and use YSMenu. It's either that or stop putting so many ROMs on your microSD.

3. molh394

Member molh394 GBAtemp Regular

Singapore
    I think he means that he *is* using retro's TT/YSMenu already (since v6.59 does not refer to any official firmware).

Try arranging your ROMs in subfolders, see if that will make the "scrolling" problem faster.

4. Zorua

Zorua Newbie

5. jurassicplayer

Member jurassicplayer Completionist Themer

United States
    The default TTMenu is known to be slow if you have a lot of ROMs (I don't like it) and it searches out all of your .nds files and shoves them in the list, so even if you split them into folders, it wouldn't help.
    YSMenu doesn't have that sort of problem, though it is a basic menu (it has an actual file browser though instead of the crap that the TTDS UI has). As there is usually never a reason for YSMenu to slow down (I suppose if you have a REALLY large number, it might slow down per folder or something, but I've never had enough files to do that with anyways), thus leaving only TTMenu to be the cause of his slow menu. Due to that, I stated that he stop using the TTDS UI and use the YSMenu one. Scrolling speed is a factor of the UI, not the updated files that he uses, so whether he used an updated one or not, my answer would still apply as long as he was using the TTDS UI instead of the YSMenu one.

6. bitonio6

Member bitonio6 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Switzerland
    the problem come from the "access time" of your microSD

So, try a better one

7. molh394

Member molh394 GBAtemp Regular

Singapore
    I see, thanks jurassicplayer!