Gaming retarded Xbox 360????

ricky23i

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i have just fixed it and it works but sometimes i have to turn it on and off so it will not get the RROD? I think it is retarded, any solutions??

Radiopools

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It sounds like you're just teetering on the edge of a real problem. If it's still under warranty, call Xbox Support and get them to send you a coffin. If it's not under warranty anymore..find a service that will fix it for you, or sell it on eBay.

DeadLocked

Bi-Winning.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I have a problem as in My disc drive often recognises the xbox game as a DVD, and it says Play DVD. I tried it and it just comes up with a white screen with grey writing in japanese e.c.t
Opening and closing the disc drive sometimes fixes this. Any solutions? (yes I have tried a disc with bristles on to clean the laser, it worked for about 2 days the first time but it just doesn't anymore.)

Social0

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Belgium
DeadLocked said:
I have a problem as in My disc drive often recognises the xbox game as a DVD, and it says Play DVD. I tried it and it just comes up with a white screen with grey writing in japanese e.c.t
Opening and closing the disc drive sometimes fixes this. Any solutions? (yes I have tried a disc with bristles on to clean the laser, it worked for about 2 days the first time but it just doesn't anymore.)

the problem you are mentioning about the 360 seeing it as a DVD and not a Game is one I had, it was caused by the dvd's I used and the fix for me was always booting the XBox 360 without a game in the drive and then just put a game in.

ricky23i

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I did the x-clamp on the 360 and the first time it started up great but then after it took couple of tries to not get the 3RROD. So it does not have warranty. also I took the fan off to overheat it but same thing happens

Burt0

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I did the x-clamp fix on my xbox ages ago and after a few months it fucked up again.

So I removed the thermal paste, re-applied some fresh paste and did the fix again (including the overheating part). Seemed to work for about a day then it stuffed up again.

After that I started experimenting with different washers and combinations, like 1 flat washed, 1 spring washer, 2 normal washers and so on. Also I played around with the tightness of the screws. After a while a found that 1 flat washer on the underside of the motherboard (just to protect the copper pad from the turning screw) and 1 flat washer then 1 spring washer between the GPU the heatsink with just the right amount of tension worked great.

This way you dont have to do the overheating part (it should fire up straight away). Although I had to keep tightening/loosening the screws to find the right amount of pressure. I found that doing all the screws up as tight as you can didn't work for me (unless i overheated it and then it was only temporary).

I do have holes drilled in my chassis so it was easy for me to have the xbox half together so i could quickly turn it off and adjust the screws then try again.

Hope this helps.

The_Hulkster

Trophies
XP
Country
DeadLocked said:

I had the same problem a while ago, sent it to Microsoft to get the DVD drive replaced. If you send it in, make sure they know what you are talking about.

I had to send it in twice because they didn't know what the problem was exactly.
They sent it back the first time with the faulty DVD drive still in it, hadn't changed a thing. They actually admitted that on the phone.

Anyway, don't really think there's an easy fix for this and if it's still under warranty I would certainly get it replaced.

Good luck with your xbox!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: