Hacking restoring source 3ds?

adrivetest

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hi guys, thinking of getting a new 2ds xl, with the help of another cfw new 3ds xl according to the 3ds guide it is possible to cfw the 2ds with latest firmware. However,
i'm a bit confused about the part on 'restoring source 3ds' on section IV. My objective is to make sure both source and target 3ds will still function as an individual unique cfw 3ds.

3ds.guide/installing-boot9strap-(dsiware-game-injection)

specifically on section IV, step 2 :

"Do the rest of the sections and then the full guide on the target 3DS, then wait one week (do not restore your NAND backup before system transferring), then System Transfer from the target 3DS back to the source 3DS (remember you cannot transfer back from a New 3DS or New 2DS to an Old 3DS or Old 2DS)"

i'm a bit confused about the part on 'restoring source 3ds' on section IV :

3ds.guide/installing-boot9strap-(dsiware-game-injection)

I assume these should happen during this step:
1. do a system transfer of source 3ds to target 3ds and ignore the rest of section IV
2. perform section V, backing the target's 3ds and section VI, flashing the target's 3ds firmware
3. continue on until finalizing setup on target 3ds. Target 3ds should already be CFW-ed.
4. wait one week, turn on the source 3ds and do a system transfer from target 3ds to source 3ds to restore
source 3ds.

Assuming my steps are correct as mentioned above, I'm also curious about the system transfer.
Either transfering from a source to a target or vice versa, wouldn't that mean i'm actually duplicating the nnid to
both the systems? Does that mean at the end of step 4 i will actually have 2 systems that nintendo sees as one system
and therefore potential for banwave?

adrivetest

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The NNID is only on one system at a time. You would system transfer back from target to source if you wanted the original NNID back on the source. If you don't care, you don't have to transfer back.

oh. i thought the NNID is unique to the system..now i remember maybe it is just a nintendo account. I guess i won't be able to have two systems using the same NNID then

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Good night