Restoring PSP discs..

Discussion in 'PSP - Games & Content' started by zeello, Nov 15, 2014.

1. zeello
    OP

zeello The reason we can't have nice things.

Apr 15, 2013
    United States
  2. Reploid

Reploid GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jan 20, 2010
    Serbia, Republic of
    Its not.

3. DinohScene

DinohScene Feed Dino to the Sharks

GBAtemp Patron
    DinohScene is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Oct 11, 2011
    Antarctica
    В небо
    A tiny bit of rapid glue should be enough on the metal disc but regular glue, don't ever do it.

4. Foxi4

Foxi4 On the hunt...

pip Reporter
    Sep 13, 2009
    Poland
    Gaming Grotto
    It's not a bad idea at all as long as the glue you use won't melt plastics, you won't drip it over the readable surface of the disk and you won't misalign the metal bit. Be patient and let it dry nicely as well before putting the casing together.

5. zeello
    OP

zeello The reason we can't have nice things.

Apr 15, 2013
    United States
    I have another game covered in adhesive. It's sticky. I was going to sandpaper off all the adhesive, but I was worried about the sand getting inside and on the disc.

What I could do is
    b) Put the game under the faucet (the games are waterproof, right?) and try to rub out the adhesive.
    c) pry open the game and take the disc out, this way I can sand or clean the plastic cover without any worries. Afterwards I put the disc back in and crazy-glue the game shut.

What would you do in this situation? I think I will go with my original idea of sanding it.

I could do C, but I'd rather not do this unless I know I can take apart the entire plastic cover. I've had several games where you can slip out the disc from the top, but it's a pain in the butt to glue back on when the bottom is still attached. (because you need something to hold it open while you apply the glue)