Hacking Restoring NAND. Need help

laurorual

What are you looking for?
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
if you have never soldered before i suggest you look around for someone to do it for you and save the cost of soldering iron etc, because if you mess it up and burn the pads off or anything you will be stuck on your updated nand then or even worse a broke 3ds

even though you said you haven't found anyone to do it for you, you don't need to look for people who specifically fixes 3ds's ask in mobile phone repair shops etc, you should be able to find someone who can solder and already has the equipment at hand just explain its only 4 solder points and quite easy for someone who has soldering knowlage

That's the problem. Here in Brazil it's so difficult to find someone that has the courage to do such thing. Yesterday i've spent the whole day looking for someone that could just solder the 4 points and none of them wanted to do it. I think i'm gonna look for someone in my engineering college and see if someone can help me, otherwise i will do it myself.

laurorual

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
ok so i think i got someone to do this for me, but will take a couple of days for him to do it. until them, can i update my 3DS to the lasted firmware and enjoy some demos from eshop? will it be possible restore my nand after i update my 3DS to FW 8?

Ronhero

Too Weird to Live, Too Rare to Die
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
ok so i think i got someone to do this for me, but will take a couple of days for him to do it. until them, can i update my 3DS to the lasted firmware and enjoy some demos from eshop? will it be possible restore my nand after i update my 3DS to FW 8?

If you make a backup of you're 4.x firmware it is possible but I would wait. Your best bet is to take the dump from the 3ds itself. Do at least two rips and make sure the md5 is the same for both dumps. Then change something in the 3Theds (I delete my wireless ssid from memory) and flash back the copy you just ripped to make sure you can write it back (if you deleted the wireless ssid before the restore it should now be back on there)

IMOP the gateway backup should only be used if you don't have a hard mod installed just in case you ever update past 4.5. Also if the person can't for whatever reason complete the mod or the gateway rip was bad you're not stuck longer then you planned

laurorual

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
If you make a backup of you're 4.x firmware it is possible but I would wait. Your best bet is to take the dump from the 3ds itself. Do at least two rips and make sure the md5 is the same for both dumps. Then change something in the 3Theds (I delete my wireless ssid from memory) and flash back the copy you just ripped to make sure you can write it back (if you deleted the wireless ssid before the restore it should now be back on there)

IMOP the gateway backup should only be used if you don't have a hard mod installed just in case you ever update past 4.5. Also if the person can't for whatever reason complete the mod or the gateway rip was bad you're not stuck longer then you planned

As you can see in the OP, i already have a NAND backup that i've made through GW and some friend of mine have already updated my 3DS to FW 6.1 accidentally. I just wanna know if, since i'm already on some FW that i cant use GW, can i update my 3DS to the last FW to use eshop until i can find someone to fix my 3DS?

Ronhero

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
As you can see in the OP, i already have a NAND backup that i've made through GW and some friend of mine have already updated my 3DS to FW 6.1 accidentally. I just wanna know if, since i'm already on some FW that i cant use GW, can i update my 3DS to the last FW to use eshop until i can find someone to fix my 3DS?

Normally I would never say update to the official nintendo ofw but since you are on 6.x then go ahead and update :-p

What you can do is after the hardware mod is installed AND gateway starts supporting 7.x encryption what you can do is inject your 8.x ofw with downloaded games / updates / demo's into emunand so it is a 1:1 copy of 8.x

Reactions: laurorual

laurorual

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Normally I would never say update to the official nintendo ofw but since you are on 6.x then go ahead and update :-p

What you can do is after the hardware mod is installed AND gateway starts supporting 7.x encryption what you can do is inject your 8.x ofw with downloaded games / updates / demo's into emunand so it is a 1:1 copy of 8.x
Thx dude! I was unsure if I would be able to use HW mod to restore my backup in OFW 8.X, but if you're saying this so it may be possible :P
At least I will be able to play my tomodachi life cart LOL

Ronhero

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
Thx dude! I was unsure if I would be able to use HW mod to restore my backup in OFW 8.X, but if you're saying this so it may be possible :P
At least I will be able to play my tomodachi life cart LOL

I update and downgrade all the time, when 7.2 dropped a hard mod was the only way to get e-shop updates

FYI if you play tomodachi life cart in an OFW 3ds you will corrupt the save if you play it on gateway in gateway mode even in classic mode

laurorual

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I update and downgrade all the time, when 7.2 dropped a hard mod was the only way to get e-shop updates

FYI if you play tomodachi life cart in an OFW 3ds you will corrupt the save if you play it on gateway in gateway mode even in classic mode
yeah I know that :/
but I already have started the game in OFW so it's not a problem :P

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Good to hear you found someone to do it :)

If your getting a port added to the console you will be able to upgrade and downgrade whenever you like

Just remeber 8.x won't work as emunand so you won't be able to use any eshop downloaded content on your downgraded system nand or emunand, injecting 8.x into emunand will just result in a black screen, unless gateway release their fix

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte