Homebrew Question Restoring Nand backup

WiseFool

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
India
I have a clean nand back of FW 4.1.0. taken with a exfat sd card. I am currently on 8.0 with Auto RCM and fuse count at 5.

I have subsequently moved to fat32 sd setup (created partition for emu at this point of time itself). Now I would like to setup emummc and so I want to restore my clean nand first before starting the process.

I need help to move the 30gb nand backup into my fat32 card. How to break it up into smaller sizes so that Hekate can detect it and restore.

I know the last option is to format to exfat and get it done. But I would like to know if there is anyother wayout.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Bumping your own thread won't make people more inclined to help you. Instead of doing that, be a little proactive and search for other threads describing a problem similar to your own, perhaps you'll stumble upon an answer while you wait.

WiseFool

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
India
I did search a few other options and posted for help there. Couldn't find any answer.

Sent from my POCO F1 using Tapatalk

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I'm not 100% certain, but as far as I know the files are split without any particular termination, so you could split the file yourself with no extravagant utilities. If you're on Linux, you can use the split command. Under Windows you may need to use cygwin or a similar utility, there are a few that specifically deal with splitting files, like GSplit. Hekate should follow the trail of breadcrumbs as long as the naming scheme is correct. Most would avoid this route and just use exFAT since it's the same data anyway.

WiseFool

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
India
I don't have a spare SD card.

I came across the NSP splitter which can split it into parts of 4gb. However, when I read some nand backup guides it says that when taking backup on fat32 it either creats 15 or 30 parts. Using NSP splitter I get 8 parts so I'm unsure if it will work.

pLaYeR^^

Doctor Switch
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
I don't have a spare SD card.

I came across the NSP splitter which can split it into parts of 4gb. However, when I read some nand backup guides it says that when taking backup on fat32 it either creats 15 or 30 parts. Using NSP splitter I get 8 parts so I'm unsure if it will work.

Clone and backup your complete sd card (with partitions), format to exFAT, restore backup and restore everything to your sd card.

WiseFool

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
India
I guess I'll just go the exfat way.

Anyway my RPI sd card got corrupted. It's a 32gb card. Thinking I'll use it to restore the nand and then take a fat32 backup while creating emummc.

Post which I'll restore my RPI.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
You may want to give that SD a good test before you use it to restore your NAND in case it's damaged. Verify that it got corrupted for software, not hardware reasons.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I'm in my birthday suit! Lol