Restoring Installed Files on a New emuNAND

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Orphen07, Feb 24, 2016.

1. Orphen07
    OP

Orphen07 Member

Newcomer
    Feb 19, 2016
    United States
    Attempting to update the friend system-module ended up, somehow, breaking emuNAND. I injected the backup, but now I can't access any of my games/homebrew. Do I have to uninstall/reinstall everything all over again?

tl;dr, Something broke, I reinstalled emuNAND, stuff isn't showing up, am I screwed?

P.S. I posted this question in another thread, but it seems as though it won't be answered there anytime soon, if at all. I've also used Google, but I haven't quite found the same question, so I am asking here.

2. Ryccardo

Ryccardo WiiUaboo

Feb 13, 2015
    Italy
    Imola
    A backup of what? Sounds like it was a sysnand backup you then unlinked afterwards... which of course will have a different movable.sed, so you won't be able to read your old files with it!

3. Orphen07
    OP

Orphen07 Member

Newcomer
    Feb 19, 2016
    United States
    Right, sorry. I restored the backup of emuNAND. I'll try to explain the situation again, as the initial wording is unclear.

I was on emuNAND when I was trying to update the friend system-module. Went into FBI, installed the update, and everything seemed fine, until I restarted the system. When I went to emuNAND, none of the folders were loading, only the system icons were showing up properly, and if I tried to load anything, even a cartridge, it would freeze. So I restored the backup NAND from after emuNAND was created, and now it's functioning properly. However, I don't see what was previously installed.

I think you're probably right, with having a different movable.sed, but I just want to be sure before I go deleting things on the SD card that I might not have to.

2/24
    I went into the Settings, 3DS Management > Software and strangely, the content on the SD card does show up.
    Troubling X.jpg

Edit: Additional details added.

Last edited by Orphen07, Feb 24, 2016