Hacking Question Restoring Clean SYSNAND

tivu100

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I messed up.

1. Didn’t make clean SYSNAND back up of latest FW.
2. Mistook and restore a clean SYSNAND back up of older FW.
3. Fused burned, so can only boot through RCM mode.

Questions: How can I cleanly update SYSNAND to latest firmware for online play?

Last edited by tivu100,

pLaYeR^^

Doctor Switch
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Boot with Hekate to Stock SysNAND and update with official system update. If you still have unburnt fuses, make sure to enter RCM right after you have updated (your switch reboots).

tivu100

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Boot with Hekate to Stock SysNAND and update with official system update. If you still have unburnt fuses, make sure to enter RCM right after you have updated (your switch reboots).
Hekate Stock SYSNAND boot is ban-safe?

I need the SYSNAND for online play.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What is your fuse count, by the way? If your fuse count is fewer than 12 and you want to preserve it, you should:
  1. Install AutoRCM
  2. Boot your clean sysNAND with vanilla Atmosphere
  3. Update in the system settings
  4. Power off your system
  5. Boot stock OFW with Hekate whenever you want to boot your clean sysNAND
You should not normally use CFW with a clean NAND, but running stock Atmosphere and doing nothing but updating in the system settings is unlikely to get you banned. This will allow AutoRCM to be preserved during the 9.1.0 update process so your fuses aren't burnt.

If you don't want to use AutoRCM, then you cannot preserve your fuses while using an up-to-date sysNAND.

Last edited by Lacius,

tivu100

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What is your fuse count, by the way? If your fuse count is fewer than 12 and you want to preserve it, you should:
  1. Install AutoRCM
  4. Power off your system
You should not normally use CFW with a clean NAND, but running stock Atmosphere and doing nothing but updating in the system settings is unlikely to get you banned. This will allow AutoRCM to be preserved during the 9.1.0 update process so your fuses aren't burnt.

If you don't want to use AutoRCM, then you cannot preserve your fuses while using an up-to-date sysNAND.
My Switch was already on 9.1.0 clean SYSNAND. I had 9.0 FW clean back up which I used to make EMUNAND back when 9.1.0 EMUNAND was not supported.

Trying to make back up of 9.1.0 SYSNAND but for my stupidity I did a restore.

CFW on EMUNAND for homebrew stuff. SYSNAND is clean, no CFW homebrew related for my nephew to online play.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My Switch was already on 9.1.0 clean SYSNAND. I had 9.0 FW clean back up which I used to make EMUNAND back when 9.1.0 EMUNAND was not supported.

Trying to make back up of 9.1.0 SYSNAND but for my stupidity I did a restore.

CFW on EMUNAND for homebrew stuff. SYSNAND is clean, no CFW homebrew related for my nephew to online play.
Given this information, after you restore your clean sysNAND that is on a low system version, you need to boot into OFW on your sysNAND using Hekate. From there, update to 9.1.0 from the system settings.

Reactions: tivu100

LeMageFro

Trophies
XP
Country
France
  1. Install AutoRCM
  4. Power off your system

So if I follow correctly Atmos prevent the officiel system updater from removing auto rcm and thus protects your fuses upon restart ?

pLaYeR^^

Doctor Switch
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
So if I follow correctly Atmos prevent the officiel system updater from removing auto rcm and thus protects your fuses upon restart ?
Yes, if you update while your switch is booted to CFW, autoRCM won‘t be removed.
An alternative would be to update in OFW but enter RCM when your switch reboots. It‘s more risky but when you already have the jig placed in the joy con rail and press the correct buttons, you should be fine.

RosPlays

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm in a similar situation and was wondering if this only works if you have a clean backup to restore to? My backup got corrupted and I want to restore to a clean switch to go on Nin servers with and then also have emunand for my offline homebrew needs. I also rebuilt 5.1.0 from scratch and downgraded so I'd need to update from 5.1.0 but I feel like phoning home to update after running cfw for tuns of homebrew is just asking to be banned. I also have 9 burnt fuses last time I checked but I'm more than fine with booting to RCM, using autoRCM seems less safe to me and I have no idea what a vanilla atmosphere would even look like lol.

I'm double-checking because of this:
Given this information, after you restore your clean sysNAND that is on a low system version...
Because without a clean backup, how else would you restore to clean sysnand? Doesn't cleaning with haku33 get u banned aswell?

Last edited by RosPlays,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: @BakerMan needs more expand dong