Restore System Menu made savegame

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Adolf1994, Oct 5, 2011.

1. Adolf1994
    OP

Adolf1994 Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 12, 2010
    Hungary
    I have a savegame, that I made with System Menu with the help of priiloader's hacks functions.
    Now I want to restore this, but when I try to do so, then it just shows me a message, saying that it couldn't copy back the complete savegame. Originally it takes 5 blocks, but after "restored" only 1 block.
    Is there a way to make this savegame compatible with waninkoko's savegame manager? Or import it into a nand backup?

EDIT: the reason I want to do so is that the one on the Wii got currupted in the process of playing around with ocarina, so I had to delete it.

THANKS IN ADVANCE

2. JoostinOnline

JoostinOnline Certified Crash Test Dummy

Apr 2, 2011
    United States
    The Twilight Zone
    That hack is useless because you can't copy it back. Try using the latest version of Savegame Manager GX. I think it supports data.bin files.

3. Thomas83Lin

Thomas83Lin Retro Gamer

Jul 22, 2009
    United States
    I normally received that error only with wifi games, while my save data was intact my online stuff was missing. something like that if i remember correctly. yea i think i read somewhere about GX supporting data.bin now.

edit:
    yep support for data.bin was added in R112

4. JoostinOnline

JoostinOnline Certified Crash Test Dummy

Apr 2, 2011
    United States
    The Twilight Zone
    Protected saves.

5. Adolf1994
    OP

Adolf1994 Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 12, 2010
    Hungary
    I'm really thankful for the replies, but I don't exactly know what shall I do. If my memory isn't cheating on me, the data.bin is created by System Menu. Next step is to locate it with GX and install it without problem? Or I have to copy it to sd:/savegames/{id of game}/ ?
    I'm very thankful again.