Restore NAND Over USB?

Discussion in 'Switch - Exploits, Custom Firmwares & Soft Mods' started by KHSebastian, Oct 10, 2018.

1. KHSebastian
    OP

KHSebastian Member

Newcomer
    Mar 18, 2009
    United States
    My MicroSD slot has stopped working. I want to send my Switch in for repairs, but I have AutoRCM on and I upgraded to 6.0 from 3.0 with ChoiDujourNX, and I don't want to send in the Switch without restoring my clean NAND backup. The problem being, I don't have a MicroSD card slot with which to restore my backup. Is there any way to push a backup through USB from my PC?

Bonus Round: Does anybody have a guess as to how much I can expect to pay for repairs? If it's more than like $30, I might just buy a replacement SD board and try a self repair.

2. Dionicio3

Dionicio3 AyyMDionicio3

Feb 26, 2017
    United States
    Hollister, CA
    No, to my knowledge there is no way to send it via USB

Also the price depends. Are you under warranty?

3. KHSebastian
    OP

KHSebastian Member

Newcomer
    Mar 18, 2009
    United States
    I don't think I'm under warranty anymore. I got the Switch on eBay, so I don't know the original sale date. And I did open the Switch up to try to reseat the MicroSD card board (to no avail), and I stripped a screw like an idiot, so they'll be able to figure out I opened it anyway.

But if there is no way to clean my NAND anyway, I might have to pick up a board online and replace it myself.

4. Dionicio3

Dionicio3 AyyMDionicio3

Feb 26, 2017
    United States
    Hollister, CA
    I also stripped a screw before sending it, they repaired it just fine

You should be able to call Nintendo support, they will ask for your serial number, so have that ready

5. 210modz

210modz GBAtemp Regular

Aug 11, 2017
    United States
    Just buy a new sd card socket off ebay and replace it. It would literally take 5 minutes and the skill set of a 5 year old. Remove the back cover and the sd slot board is right there.it snaps in and out.

6. Xyphoseos

Xyphoseos Hack or no games

Jun 29, 2016
    France
    Rivière
    I believe that nontendo update your device so in all case you will get your switch back updated with fuse burnt
    What I want to say is that if it is true, just update yourself to 6.0.1 (it will burn fuse and remove autoRCM)

7. noahc3

noahc3 GBAtemp Regular

Oct 17, 2015
    Canada
    This is the answer. They cost basically nothing and are dead simple to replace. You don't even have to take off the foil plate, just need a triwing and a phillips.

210modz likes this.
  8. bundat

bundat ¿

Jul 25, 2018
    Antarctica
    Then do what the other people above me are saying and just buy a new card reader part. It's a solderless job to replace it (just unplug the old one and plug in the new one), and it should cost less than $10

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Ori...acement-Handle-controller-SD/32859095029.html

Here's one on Aliexpress (although it'll take longer to ship if you order from there).

9. Kubas_inko

Kubas_inko "Something funny goes here."

Feb 3, 2017
    Czech Republic
    I gues on earth.
    Is the problem only the sd card reader?