Hacking Question Restore NAND Backup without Boot0/Boot1

Heavens7thCloud

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@mattytrog I'm unsure if i'm in the correct place. After re-reading the entire thread multiple times I found myself connected to xbins ftp. I've searched through every folder in the Switch directory and can't find anything dealing with boot0/1. Any chance you can point me in the right direction?

Heavens7thCloud

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Parts of BOOT0/1 are universal across systems and merely need to be generated with the correct system version in mind. The system-specific parts won't be overwritten. If this rawnand backup is on 6.1.0 or lower, this can be accomplished with ChoiDujour.

The order you restore them doesn't matter, since you aren't booting into Horizon until they're both restored.

@Lacius Let me make sure I understand this so i don't do any harm to the system.

Right now:
The switch is on 7.0.1
I have a rawnand.bin file that was created on 6.2.0 using rei.nx
I only have the boot0/boot1 files that mattytrog created for 6.2.0
The switch was on autoRcm when it was updated from 6.2.0 to 7.0.1

You are saying that I can use my rawnand.bin file to restore 6.2.0 and then I can use the boot0/boo1 files from matty and restore those? My system will only 'restore' the parts i need and i'll be good to go and the order in which i restore the boot0/boot1 files and the rawnand.bin file doesn't matter?

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Lacius Let me make sure I understand this so i don't do any harm to the system.

Right now:
The switch is on 7.0.1
I have a rawnand.bin file that was created on 6.2.0 using rei.nx
I only have the boot0/boot1 files that mattytrog created for 6.2.0
The switch was on autoRcm when it was updated from 6.2.0 to 7.0.1

You are saying that I can use my rawnand.bin file to restore 6.2.0 and then I can use the boot0/boo1 files from matty and restore those? My system will only 'restore' the parts i need and i'll be good to go and the order in which i restore the boot0/boot1 files and the rawnand.bin file doesn't matter?
This is all correct, and the order doesn't matter since you won't be booting Horizon until everything is restored. AutoRCM will be removed in the process if it's currently installed.

Once you're on 6.2.0, you will only be able to boot with a custom bootloader like Hekate or fusee-primary until you update to comport with your fuse count, whatever that is.

Heavens7thCloud

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What do i use to restore these boot0/boot1 files? Hekate says that their size doesn't match emmc's selected part size.

I was able to figure this out. There was a special payload included with the generic boot0/boot1. I had to remove my memory card and boot using this special payload. Then, i was able to reinsert my memory card and restore the generic boot0/boot1 files.

I have now successfully updated to 9.0.1 and am setting up emuMMC. Thanks much for all the help!!!!!

Last edited by Heavens7thCloud,

Sidisit

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hello, could someone help me getting the right boot0 and boot1? I have a clean nand backup but my boot files are gone.
I have a biskey dump and ofw in the nand is 4.01 or 4.10. If it's necessary to know which it really is I'll try to get it using python but my nand is cut into smaller files not ending in .bin but .000 to .014. so hope someone will be able to help me.
Thank you in advance.

Regards sid

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I need to make some v9.00 and 9.0.1 versions.

I don't have anything here running 9.0.1 or 9.0.0 so If anyone can email me some boot0/1 for the above, please do so.

It's important to note that these boot0 will only work if you already have the version on your system.

If it's a failed downgrade, I am making a new universal unbrick package. Containing an empty rawnand bin image, 6.2.0 with nocmac package with all tools included.

Will be a ihateanime package ;) check usual places in about 4 hours
Hello @mattytrog is it possible that you create some sort of unbrick package for me too?
The system was updated from 4.01 or 4.10 to 9.10. Now the system is bricked due to a faulty update or something like that. I need to go back to my stock firmware so i can update it again to be able to use my switch again.
I really hope you will be able to help me.
Thank you in advance.

Regards sid

Last edited by Sidisit,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BakerMan, hi